Author Topic: DIY one-handed glove controller for quadcopter (Arduino based)  (Read 2645 times)

Offline jaosefTopic starter

Hi guys, just wanted to share one of my projects. A wearable glove controller for a quadcopter. Code, schematics and part list can be found in the video description. Enjoy!   :)
Youtube video of the build process:

Best regards,
Josef
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 05:03:04 pm by jaosef »

The following users thanked this post: Stuartambient

Offline ivaylo

• Frequent Contributor
Re: DIY one-handed glove controller for quadcopter (Arduino based)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 06:45:26 am »
Cool, thanks for sharing... Nothing personal, but seems to be the latest fad - "glove contrlled X", there were a bunch of projects like that on the Maker Faire last week. Waiting for mind control myself...

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 10:47:53 am »
Cool, thanks for sharing... Nothing personal, but seems to be the latest fad - "glove contrlled X", there were a bunch of projects like that on the Maker Faire last week. Waiting for mind control myself...
Ok, I guess my only comfort is that I made this in 2014. Mind control is coming as well I've seen. Lets hope it gets better quickly :)

Offline nowlan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 01:28:59 pm »
I think it would be better if that box wasnt resting on your forearm.

Kind of surprised there aren't more off the shelf gloves with sensors in them now. We need a  Power Glove for the 21st century.

I saw a kid make a glove that would translate sign language to speech or something which was pretty cool. Lots of applications for handicapped or veterans etc. Not sure if elderly with arthritis can benefit.

The following users thanked this post: jaosef

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 05:10:11 pm »
I think it would be better if that box wasnt resting on your forearm.

Kind of surprised there aren't more off the shelf gloves with sensors in them now. We need a  Power Glove for the 21st century.

I saw a kid make a glove that would translate sign language to speech or something which was pretty cool. Lots of applications for handicapped or veterans etc. Not sure if elderly with arthritis can benefit.
Yep, and I know the electronics box is bulky...  In theory you could bypass the main circuit board all together and only communicate with the "transmitter module", and get the size down considerably.  Wanted to make it totally wearable, therefore I let it attach to the forearm.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf