Author Topic: DIY Solution To Add Headphones Jack on Iphone 7  (Read 10504 times)

Offline Kedar264Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Listen to Your Voice
DIY Solution To Add Headphones Jack on Iphone 7
« on: September 15, 2016, 02:52:29 am »
Well The iPhone 7 doesn't come with headphone jack anymore, one of the alternative solution can be to Hack a u8 Bluetooth smart watch and add a headphone jack so you can listen your music wirelessly through smart watch from your iphone . :-+

Its a new way to add headphone jack to your iPhone 7 ! it's certainly better than having a no headphone jack . :clap:

Standard 3.5 mm audio jack is industry standard from several years apple took courage to remove it maybe not the best decesion ! :horse:

https://youtu.be/YD2qYPIfrQI   :popcorn:

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
Re: DIY Solution To Add Headphones Jack on Iphone 7
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 04:59:23 pm »
I've been waiting for this topic to pop up! The iphone 7 is :bullshit: in my (and many others') opinion. But I'm always an advocate of improving things. >:D

The first thing would be to crack one open and see what space there is to work with. I wouldn't be suprised if there was an unpopulated spot for the headphone jack on the board. If not, you'll have to find some way of wiring a port to the DAC. You may even have to remove something (like the internal speaker) to make room for it.

EDIT: if you do find an unpopulated spot for a jack, report it to the media. It would prove that apple is using marketing :bullshit:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 05:01:31 pm by Cyberdragon »
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Offline NottheDan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 05:49:05 pm »
The first thing would be to crack one open and see what space there is to work with.
iFixit did it already and from the posted photos it looks pretty full-up.

Offline jonovid

• Super Contributor
    • JONOVID
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 07:39:50 am »
iphone 7 Teardown YT video, but the audio is chinese!

in China iphones are like beer coasters, cheap & locally made
Hobbyist with a basic knowledge of electronics

Offline JPortici

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 07:45:52 am »
one should disassemble (or loox at XRAY!) of the adapter instead. being only $9 on the apple store, an unprecedented low for an accessory. Of course they are doing it to contain the fallout/get more people over the "tragic loss", but to keep a hint of a margin it may be that it is only a passive cable adapter and lightning is carrying analog audio, nobody prevents them to do that.
if my next phone will have usb 3.1 micro c, that's what i would expect.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 07:53:36 am »
in China iphones are like beer coasters, cheap & locally made
In China iphones have EU pricing.
The first thing would be to crack one open and see what space there is to work with. I wouldn't be suprised if there was an unpopulated spot for the headphone jack on the board.
Complete BS and nuts. If you crack it open, it will no longer be waterproof. Good luck finding any empty spot in the modern smartphone, yet so bit to fit a whole audio jack in it.
If not, you'll have to find some way of wiring a port to the DAC. You may even have to remove something (like the internal speaker) to make room for it.
:palm:

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 07:58:11 am »
one should disassemble (or loox at XRAY!) of the adapter instead. being only $9 on the apple store, an unprecedented low for an accessory. Of course they are doing it to contain the fallout/get more people over the "tragic loss", but to keep a hint of a margin it may be that it is only a passive cable adapter and lightning is carrying analog audio, nobody prevents them to do that.
Most likely you'll find USB or some more specialized sound card chip in it. Nokia have done this in 2009 with AD-83 adapter and some other headsets for 6700C phone http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_6700_classic-2659.php. Actually I repurposed such adapter into PC mic which I'm using for many years. Even volume, play/pause, previous, next buttons work too. Only "call" button doesn't work, LOL.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 08:08:05 am by wraper »

Offline JPortici

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2016, 08:02:08 am »
that would be one order of magnitude more impressive that the lightning to 30 pin adapter, hence my curiosity

Offline NottheDan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2016, 08:27:46 am »

Where are you getting the idea from that the lightning connector carries analog signals? It is a digital connector and the adaptor is active, with a DAC inside.

Offline jonovid

• Super Contributor
    • JONOVID
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 09:11:25 am »
In China iphones have EU pricing
  ok  an otherwise expensive iphone 7 teardown  can be an exercise in fatality if the phone is permanently damaged in the video shown  :palm:
Hobbyist with a basic knowledge of electronics

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 09:15:27 am »
Hmm, I remember that Nokia, I gave it to my nephew as I found the screen too small, I might ask if he still has the headset!

I assume that that headset used the handset's OTG connection. Perhaps "all" the Lightning connector headphone adapter is using is the USB OTG finctionality in the Lightning cable, with a USB codec embedded inside the adapter, if so not very special.

http://engrsajidrehman.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Applce_Lighting_connector_Pins.jpg

Offline dannyf

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2016, 11:19:51 am »
the audio is chinese!

how do you know?

================================
https://dannyelectronics.wordpress.com/

Offline Buriedcode

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2016, 01:50:50 pm »
I'm unsure what the big deal is with the lack of headphone/earphone jack.  Increasingly people are using Bluetooth adapters, because the cost, sound quality, and battery life are now quite reasonable.  For $10 you can get a tiny clip with play, forward/back and volume buttons, that sounds pretty good.

Also, if someone can afford an iphone 7 - they can probably afford to spend money on a half decent Bluetooth adapter for their own earphones/headphones - or just go the whole nine and get Apples 'airpods'.

It is most likely an effort to get people to buy the airpods, but its not like it has effected the 'audiophiles' much, ipods and iphones (and all smart phones) never could drive the overly expensive high impedance headphones, so the lack of headphone jack just means a BT adapter must be used with standard earphones.

Perhaps I'm getting old but I don't see why there's so much buzz about it - if something doesn't have what you want/need... buy something else.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2016, 05:21:35 pm »

The following users thanked this post: janoc

Offline technix

• Super Contributor
  • From Shanghai With Love
    • My Untitled Blog
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2016, 06:16:53 pm »
The best shot would be using a Bluetooth A2DP module. I highly doubt if the sound chip in iPhone 7 even have Line Out pins.

Offline stj

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2016, 07:45:19 pm »
the best option would just be to not buy any stupid apple products.

it's not a company with customers anymore anyway, it's a religion with followers.
(and a HUGE collection plate!)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf