Author Topic: DP 30V 5A—L Switch–Mode Power Supply Module Teardown?  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Chris56000Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
DP 30V 5A—L Switch–Mode Power Supply Module Teardown?
« on: February 25, 2018, 11:42:20 am »
Hi

Has anyone dissected one of these Chinese DP 30V 5A power supply modules with a view to a tear–down, drawing–out and discussion yet?

I bought one for £8.07, (listed £7.70 but priced in AUD so 37p exchange premium got added on!!!) – even buying all Chinese bits you couldn't get down anywhere near that!

Links to any discussions already posted welcome, I could only find one post!

Chris Williams
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 11:45:32 am by Chris56000 »
It's an enigma that's what it is!! This thing's not fixed because it doesn't want to be fixed!!

Offline anishkgt

• Frequent Contributor
    • George Hobby
Re: DP 30V 5A—L Switch–Mode Power Supply Module Teardown?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 11:55:31 am »
Dave did a tear down on a similar one.
https://youtu.be/Cw2AjcczHg4

Www.Georgehobby.wordpress.com

Equipments: DSO104z, Hakko FX888D, Brymen BM869s

Offline ocset

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 01:00:37 pm »
Cheap, but  as you know, you need to buy another power supply with it to act as the input....the input is from 6v to 40v.

I reckon you could cobble together something yourself with a pwm controller and a few bits. A 2fet, 2diode, buckboost would easily do it. Lay it out in eagle in no time.....and thats assuming it  does vout less or more than vin....it might just be a buck.

There are no inductors or txfmrs  on that board so its just a simple linear regulator....you could whip something up on stripboard for that....very simple....£8 not that cheap after all....it wont be able to step up....so you need an other psu with it that has higher voltage than what you want.

Yes teardown needed for thermal..because how will those two to247s last out when its delivering 30v 5A from a 40V input?..THEY MAY DESOLDER THEMSELVES.......MAYBE YOU HAVE TO BUY A FAN WITH IT TO STOP THAT. (sorry about caps).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 01:06:58 pm by treez »

Offline Chris56000Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 01:41:28 pm »
Hi!

I'm well aware that heatsink is only about 1.5°C per Watt and the way the Chinese euphemistically describe their wares, obviously they've tested it at 5A with a minimal input voltage, than at 30V O/P., 40V I /P with minimal O/P current, then they claim it will handle 150W!!!!

My College Lecturer used to always say "you can miniaturise the electronics but you can't miniaturise the Watt!!!" – something I've never forgotten!

Realistically, I would say that heatsink is specified to about 30W power dissipation maximum!

Nonetheless tho', a schematic and teardown to a bare PCB which I propose with mine, will offer useful circuit and layout ideas for beginners, etc!

(I have no doubt I'll find the firmware locked as per usual!)

Chris Williams
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 03:37:30 pm by Chris56000 »
It's an enigma that's what it is!! This thing's not fixed because it doesn't want to be fixed!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf