Author Topic: Driving a WZDK58-38G motor  (Read 4514 times)

Offline kevinateevTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Driving a WZDK58-38G motor
« on: January 14, 2018, 07:29:47 pm »
OK, I thought I'd understood how this motor works, but clearly, I don't.  Anybody have any clues? 

The label information is thus :

DC Brushless motor
SIC-55CVL-F159-1
DC310V 8P
58W E Class

Wires are Vm, GND, Vcc, Vsp, PG

It is brushless motor, I'm presuming it has a controller board inside as this would be ultimately driven by AC.  8P I imagine means 8 Pole so that looks like 24 poles in total for three phases?  The DC310V ... I have a hard time believing that it requires 310 volts DC.  58W would make sense to be 58 Watts.  I don't know what 'E' class means.

What does NOT work is Vm at 12VDC, Vcc at 5VDC, and Vsp pulsed at anywhere from 10Hz-8Mhz with any duty cycle. I have noticed that PG will have a 'noisy' spot and a 'quiet' spot in the slight pole positions as one rotates the motor.

Picture is below too. 

Offline kevinateevTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Driving a WZDK58-38G motor
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 08:52:58 pm »
https://www.whatwoulddennisdo.com/dc-motors.html

All right, the guy above confirms the voltage requirements etc.  The DC310V is the peek-to-peek voltage of 220VAC mains.  So, Vm is expected to be a straight mains voltage full-wave rectified between Vm and GND.

It is going to be tricky to drive this motor as the Vcc is 15VDC with the same GND.  So, AC must be isolated?  I presume so.  The 15VDC can be isolated no problem from any old power supply.  Join the two and should be OK.

Only, In the link above I wonder if he had the Vsp correct.  Could it be simply a voltage level?  Or, rather, it is a pulse width square wave where it looks like a steady voltage increase on a typical multi-meter.

I know for sure, with this model anyhow, the pulse switches high/low with every revolution.  Not twice per revolution as is typical with a PWM motor.

Offline chendragon

Re: Driving a WZDK58-38G motor
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 02:31:27 am »
I bought some similar motors to add fan speed modulation to a portable air conditioner. On mine, I powered the motor Vm from the filter capacitor of a switching power supply providing 15V as well which was connected to Vcc, and if I remember correctly, during testing I just put a 5V battery pack across GND and the Vsp and the motor spun up to full speed.

IIRC, 12V on Vm and Vcc and 5V on Vsp also runs the motor, albeit very very slowly though with decent torque. Yours may be different, as mine was a no-name motor from China.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf