Author Topic: Dual zone wine cabinet hacking.  (Read 744 times)

Offline jt750430Topic starter

Dual zone wine cabinet hacking.
« on: August 22, 2017, 05:38:26 pm »
Hi!

Hopefully, this is in the right section of the forum.

I acquired a Dual-zone 'wine cabinet', which functions exactly like a fridge, except there's a valve to divert refrigerant between the two zones. There's also a small heater unit in each zone too.

The refrigerant valve is:
Product Type Description SDF ---- pulsed electromagnetic valve code
0.8 ---- solenoid valve diameters: 0.8mm
3/2 ---- Feature code: Indicates a two state, three connecting pipe
Power supply voltage: 220V
Frequency: 50 / 60Hz
Rated operating voltage: 165 ~ 253V
Insulation resistance: 500M
Electrical strength: 1500V, 50HZ sinusoidal AC 1min
Solenoid valve control power: solenoid valve driver needs at least four sinusoidal 50 / 60Hz positive or negative half-wave pulse (drive pulse waveform of FIG. See in particular), a state of the switch into another state of the time interval is not less than 30s

Which I think requires the use of a half-wave rectifiers x2 (?) to send either the upper or lower parts of the AC sine wave, in a pulse, to operate the valve. If that's correct, excellent! If not, please do let me know.

In order for me to build the circuit to control this valve, I think I need an oscilloscope to see what portion of the wave is being sent at any time?

My goal is to build an IoT beer fermentation/conditioning cabinet, using something like BrewPi or CraftBeerPi to handle the control, though this isn't set in stone.

I haven't really touched any electronics for a good few years, maybe a decade or so. It's very much a learn-on-the-job approach which suits me, especially as I'm not in a rush to complete it.

In order to design a circuit that can be activated with, perhaps, 2x GPIO connections to control refrigerant flow direction in the valve, would a half-wave rectifier be a suitable proposal?

Completely appreciate I'm coming at this with very little knowledge so any help would be enormously appreciated. I intend to document the project as I go and publish the details so others can mod/hack wine cabinets too.

Thanks!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf