Author Topic: electronic components  (Read 3400 times)

Offline electronics technicianTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
electronic components
« on: September 25, 2014, 03:05:39 pm »
i know there is alot of places that sell fake components but how do i get the original components like I.C's and resistors ,capacitors  and the exact value that i need thanks

Offline Precipice

• Frequent Contributor
Re: electronic components
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 03:08:49 pm »
Go on, give us a hint. Where in the world are you?

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 03:10:12 pm »
trinidad

Offline German_EE

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 07:11:34 pm »
A nice part of the world, although I am guessing that electronics shops are a bit thin on the ground. All I can suggest are the international component distributors such as Digikey, Jameco and Mouser. To keep shipping costs down submit a single large order every two or three months.
Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.

Warren Buffett

Offline Precipice

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 07:55:11 pm »
Also, can you find anyone else who wants to buy parts? Split the postage costs? I don't know what your incoming customs handling and charging is like...

If you're looking for surface mount stuff, the sample books on ebay are very, very handy. Search for '0603 book' , or 0805 or whatever.

(The fake components do exist, but I think they're a lot rarer than people seem to think, it sometimes seems to be a case of 'my circuit doesn't work, parts must be fake', when there are other possibilities. I buy a fair amount from non-mainline dealers, and the worst I've had is a reel of Maxim voltage references that were etched as 4.096V, but were actually 2.500V)

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 09:09:29 pm »
thanks i will check it out  :)

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 09:18:04 pm »
i also saw that
http://www.gojgo.com/store/electronic-components/resistor/metal-film-resistor/1-8w-dip-resistor.html?dir=desc&limit=5&mode=list&order=price&p=7
has 1000 resistors for $4.90 is this a good place to shop for components or not
ANY ADVICE ON THIS
and jameco which sells 100 for US4.90 thats 10 times less im getting from jameco
and mouser has 100 resistors for $115.00 O_O i know mouser is a good place to shop for components but not with that pricing. Obviously your instinct and your wallet will tell you buy the cheaper product but i need advice guys thanks for youir time
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 09:43:47 pm by electronics technician »

Offline CM800

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 10:49:46 pm »
i also saw that
http://www.gojgo.com/store/electronic-components/resistor/metal-film-resistor/1-8w-dip-resistor.html?dir=desc&limit=5&mode=list&order=price&p=7
has 1000 resistors for $4.90 is this a good place to shop for components or not
ANY ADVICE ON THIS
and jameco which sells 100 for US4.90 thats 10 times less im getting from jameco
and mouser has 100 resistors for $115.00 O_O i know mouser is a good place to shop for components but not with that pricing. Obviously your instinct and your wallet will tell you buy the cheaper product but i need advice guys thanks for youir time

You must be choosing some completely different type of resistors for them to be that expensive. Mouser is actually fairly cheap, so is Farnell.
sounds more like you went to buy some precision resistors or somthing instead of what you were thinking of getting.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 04:52:25 pm »
well thats what the project calls for :) here is the link
 http://itstyle.kr/?module=file&act=procFileDownload&file_srl=30061&sid=8ce2a100022409e412a20f7528e9f3b5?
it opens in adobe reader pdf file check it out

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf