Author Topic: First project complete! Introducing Voxie - Keeping parents and kids connected  (Read 3435 times)

Offline cryptykTopic starter

• Contributor
Thanks for the help from the guys in the beginner section!  I just finished my first ever electronics project.  I'm a software engineer who has always wanted to build something, and finally did.  Heeeeeere's Voxie:

Offline mtdoc

• Super Contributor
Cool idea, I like it!

I think for wider appeal you'll want it available in a different form factor though. For examlple my 6 and 9 year old boys would not be caught dead with a stuffed animal when they go off to summer camp.

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
Nice and simple, congrats. Multiple form factors is a good idea. Don't forget grandma.

Offline kjn4685

• Regular Contributor
Very cool I think it would be a great idea, but security for the kids would be my concern, but other then that good idea. Thanks for sharing.

Offline cryptykTopic starter

• Contributor
Very cool I think it would be a great idea, but security for the kids would be my concern, but other then that good idea. Thanks for sharing.

I was worried about the same thing!  I made sure that nobody except for authenticated users can send voice messages to my boys  :)

Offline SL4P

• Super Contributor
  • There's more value if you figure it out yourself!
Love It!

My observation is that Quinn and Jax may tussle over it to reply 'to Dad', and you need to factor in those unexpected user circumstances e.g. If a new recording is initiated while the previous is still being sent... etc in all scenarios.

Great idea - get your provisional patent (A$92) in as soon as possible so you can protect & sell it to Mattel, Hasbro or someone else!
Don't ask a question if you aren't willing to listen to the answer.

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
Excellent idea and well done.  You can have a voxie also on the adult side.

Hopefully mom's lawyer will also like this idea.

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
reat idea - get your provisional patent (A$92) in as soon as possible

Probably too late since it got disclosed to the public. 

(I am not a lawyer)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf