Author Topic: From theory to practice circuit creation  (Read 653 times)

Offline ChrisGreece52Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Electronics Engineer - Hacker - Nerd
From theory to practice circuit creation
« on: October 06, 2018, 08:50:54 pm »
Hello i have almost completed a project i worked off and on for about 3 years. I have posted many problems i have faced on this forum in the process and you guys helped me solve all of the theoretical issues i faced. The project is a CMOS based digital clock using 74HC390 decade counters , logic gates to reset the counters and CD4530's 7 segment drivers for the output.

Now that its almost complete (PCB layout routing etc) and i am ready to order everything i want to make sure that the my theoretical circuit actually works. ( I will have the schematic bellow for anyone interested in taking a look at it)

Also i would like to add a battery backup circuit that switches to battery power whenever power gets cut off so if anyone has good circuit idea. As you will see in the schematic i found a battery backup circuit but after some thought i do not thing it would be a good idea to supply the circuit through a 1N4148 diode (D7 on the schematic)
i would like to avoid the dual diode circuit because i thought of using a TP4056 module such as this https://www.banggood.com/TP4056-Micro-USB-5V-1A-Lithium-Battery-Charging-Module-Board-TE585-Lipo-Charger-p-1225993.html?rmmds=buy

Disclaimer 1  *I have no idea if my circuit works no tests have been done on it*
Disclaimer 2  *I have not done the theoretical current measurements on the circuit loops*
Disclaimer 3  *I know that it could use some improvement (Bypass caps on the counter ics ,etc)*

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf