Author Topic: Getting some value out of the worst thermal camera  (Read 893 times)

Offline baltersiceTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Getting some value out of the worst thermal camera
« on: March 23, 2018, 02:05:33 pm »
In spite of all the warnings I got the HT02 thermal camera from China. It isn't even the cheapest one any more, but it sure is bad:

Low resolution, long focus range and averaging in software makes it useless for all microelectronic intents and purposes.

I think it uses a thermopile array sensor, but I didn't find any datasheet for it.

I've poked around a bit and found only 2 data lines: Blue goes low every 500 ms, yellow is 2400 varying pulses within every 500 ms window.

2400 pulses seem a little bit weird because the spec-sheet claims a resolution of 60*60 pixels. But then again the display is not square, so I could imagine it being a different resolution.

But how do they transmit the sensor data? I thought it might be as easy as pulse width representing each pixels value, but there was no noticable change when testing with a hot object.
I'll try to figure that out and then do something more fun with that sensor, but if anyone knows something ... lemme know  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf