Author Topic: Help finding this NEMA 1 enclosure  (Read 1049 times)

Offline iXodTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Help finding this NEMA 1 enclosure
« on: September 22, 2017, 11:58:52 pm »
No not just any enclosure. This one has a polycarb window on the front:

https://imgur.com/a/QS49B

Otherwise it's just a bog-standard indoor NEMA 1 box. The front cover lifts off (with a simple release at the bottom)--no screws or such.

The label in the photo is on the inside of the cover which may be listed as an accessory cover, don't know.

It's difficult to find a GE distributor in the US that carry small enclosures. Most carry distribution switchgear stuff.

Any help locating something equivalent that isn't a NEMA5000 ;) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline dave_k

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Help finding this NEMA 1 enclosure
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 12:27:00 am »
That looks like someone just cut a hole in the lid, and attached the clear window with screws.

Offline forrestc

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 12:39:11 am »
No not just any enclosure. This one has a polycarb window on the front:

https://imgur.com/a/QS49B

Otherwise it's just a bog-standard indoor NEMA 1 box. The front cover lifts off (with a simple release at the bottom)--no screws or such.

The label in the photo is on the inside of the cover which may be listed as an accessory cover, don't know.

It's difficult to find a GE distributor in the US that carry small enclosures. Most carry distribution switchgear stuff.

Any help locating something equivalent that isn't a NEMA5000 ;) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I agree with dave_k, looks like a standard CLXE1A enclosure with a field-made hole cut in it.  Based on pictures I've found of the CLXE1A enclosure online, it appears that the clear plastic is even held on via field-added screws.   

The givaways are:  The rough, uneven cut of the hole, the pencil markings for the centers of the bolt holes, and the choice of fasteners to hold the plastic into the enclosure.   A stock enclosure would have not such a rough cut, The fasteners would likely be stamped in at the factory (i.e. bolt in metal part, nuts on the inside), etc.

I could point you toward various enclosures with windows in them though if you need....  what size/type/etc?

« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 05:54:50 am by forrestc »

Offline iXodTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 01:00:54 am »
Thanks guys. I'll look at duplicating this one.

Cheers.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf