Author Topic: Housing for your project.  (Read 6031 times)

Offline diyaudioTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
Housing for your project.
« on: August 18, 2014, 03:48:38 pm »
Hi Guys.

Question what is a recommend company (cost and quality)  for custom electronic housing ? would like to know what others out there are using for commercial projects.

Offline avaldezc92

• Contributor
Re: Housing for your project.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 04:17:55 pm »
I use this company "Everest Case" they are from china so they are very cheap.

http://www.everestcase.com/en/index.php

Offline Alex Eisenhut

• Super Contributor
  • Place text here.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 04:41:50 pm »
Hi Guys.

Question what is a recommend company (cost and quality)  for custom electronic housing ? would like to know what others out there are using for commercial projects.

Look for "enclosures", that's the more usual term. Depends on the quality and cost you have in mind. Check out Rose and Bopla.

http://www.rose-bopla.com/
Hoarder of 8-bit Commodore relics and 1960s Tektronix 500-series stuff. Unconventional interior decorator.

Offline GK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 04:16:49 am »

To gradully cultivate "equivelant,pragmatic, passionate, innovative" as the enterprice core value and adhere to "pragmatic and innovative, quality-orientated" as the development philosophy.

Given the prevalence of this kind of broken English I sometimes wonder if individuals fluent in the language are nonexistent in China. Surely the management of these companies would feel uncomfortable hiring individuals only half fluent in the language to formulate their critical marketing spiel unless they had no other choice. Or perhaps I just don’t get it. Perhaps the lack of care in this regard is a way of venting a collective contempt in the vein of what a needy welfare recipient invariably feels for the system of individuals that sustain him. Or maybe they just lack any motivation to communicate clearly because comprehensible or not, their crap is cheaper than anyone else’s crap and we in the West are just going buy it regardless.
Bzzzzt. No longer care, over this forum shit.........ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline avaldezc92

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 04:52:08 am »

To gradully cultivate "equivelant,pragmatic, passionate, innovative" as the enterprice core value and adhere to "pragmatic and innovative, quality-orientated" as the development philosophy.

Given the prevalence of this kind of broken English I sometimes wonder if individuals fluent in the language are nonexistent in China. Surely the management of these companies would feel uncomfortable hiring individuals only half fluent in the language to formulate their critical marketing spiel unless they had no other choice. Or perhaps I just don’t get it. Perhaps the lack of care in this regard is a way of venting a collective contempt in the vein of what a needy welfare recipient invariably feels for the system of individuals that sustain him. Or maybe they just lack any motivation to communicate clearly because comprehensible or not, their crap is cheaper than anyone else’s crap and we in the West are just going buy it regardless.

Yeah! You are right their quality is a crap, but as you said it we are going to buy it unless we want to pay more. Normally the money is very important in the projects and we don't want to spent a lot. If the project doesn't need an special enclosure or a water proof enclosure or something like that, we can still buying this crap because it works.

Offline kingofkya

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 05:32:34 am »
There are some good sellers on aliiexpress that will do customization, and have a large selection of cases.

EX:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/505449

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 06:35:53 am »

Is that really much less coherent than the "about" statements on the web sites of companies in English speaking countries? At least they are pragmatic and not synergising.  :)

Awful standards of English never held the Japanese back. China actually takes English study very seriously, but they have huge problems finding enough teachers with good English standards. A graduate engineer will have studied English from kindergarten to their last year at university. They will typically be able to handle English emails with some effort, but struggle badly with even the simplest conversation. Ask them to make a grand statement about something like their company, and you get a mess like the statement above.

There are people in China who have never set foot outside China who sound 100% English or American. There aren't many of them, though. There certainly aren't enough to scale to the size of the Chinese economy.

Offline diyaudioTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 01:38:57 pm »
There are some good sellers on aliiexpress that will do customization, and have a large selection of cases.

EX:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/505449

Rather nice find thanks man, I'm looking at this now, they have a rather interesting range.

Offline Christopher

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 07:31:28 pm »
Protocase.

They have their own CAD software which is a bit of a PITA but a lot easier to get to grips with than SOlidworks!

Fully custom 6U Steel Rack with 2 sided silkscreen, holes, threaded studs&nuts for about £300 shipped to UK in about a week after ordering.

Offline Davesaudio

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 07:51:10 pm »
Protocase.

They have their own CAD software which is a bit of a PITA but a lot easier to get to grips with than SOlidworks!

Fully custom 6U Steel Rack with 2 sided silkscreen, holes, threaded studs&nuts for about £300 shipped to UK in about a week after ordering.
Use them for business frequently- shipped 3 days after final drawing is approved  :-+

Offline SirNick

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 11:25:11 pm »
Nice!  Like Front Panel Express for the whole box.  Anyone order smallish things from them?  (Like home Ethernet router size or such.)

Offline Yago

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 07:40:20 am »

I am sure I have read that statement before, for a chinese OEM metal machining/fabrications manufacturer....

*clatter the keyboard*
Just googled parts of the statement and it spits out other China companies statements.
Some official guideline "how to sell in Europe/USA" being regurgitated by sales departments, perhaps??

Offline microbug

• Frequent Contributor
  • Electronics Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 11:01:55 pm »
This thread is quite a goldmine... anyone else care to post their favourite enclosure manufacturer?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 11:17:09 pm by microbug »

Offline GK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2014, 12:57:45 am »
Bolt one of these to your kitchen bench.

Bzzzzt. No longer care, over this forum shit.........ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline ronniegogs

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2014, 02:05:15 am »

Biggest manufacturers in the world right now are China, Japan, Korea, Germany. In all of them you will find one thing which is quite common. Non speak English. Their factories, equipment and manuals are all in their own language and they are proud for it.

What you are buying are the lowest price alternatives as most of us are hobbyists and cant afford and more importantly don't need expensive equipment. Hobbyist form probably 2-5%  of the market share if I am being generous. They still cater to markets outside through ecommerce sites like ebay, aliexpress and alibaba. But some of the biggest markets are still inside their native countries as the main manufacturing happens there.

After having seen the shipyards in Korea like Samsung Heavy Industries where almost no one speaks a word of English manufacturing top of the line oil drilling rigs and ships costing billions of dollars and comparing them to yards in US and Europe nothing even comes close to how advanced they are. Language doesn't stop clients from Europe and US from flocking there to get their ships built. Work with SAP the biggest ERP package and go deeper and you are bound to open up translator to find what the German comment means.

I feel it is me who has to learn Mandarin, Korean, Japanese in order to stay competitive in this world rather than hoping for someone to give me a translation which to be honest doesn't give the real translation as we sometimes lose details in translation

Back to topic  ;)

Great thread lots of good options to consider for the future.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 02:06:53 am by ronniegogs »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf