Author Topic: How to prevent auto cut off due to low load current below I autooff limit  (Read 616 times)

Offline getfast_kiranTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
 IC in use : HT4936S
I would like to know if there are any standard ways to make sure the IC we are using stays in operation even at low load. In this case HT4936S has autooff when the output current is less than 50mA. I tried putting a white led across the output of 5V at USB out to make sure along with my load of 14mA the current from LED of 11mA will make the IC turn ON continously and stay away from auto cut off. But after sometime the led burns out. So I found that a total of 25mA was  enough to keep it ON continously. Hence I put a resistor in series such that 3.3V/25mA  = 132ohm.  in series to make sure the LED is not burning out. But now the IC is turning off due to low load.

I would like to get help regarding methods to make sure the minimum load current limit is met to make it continously operational.

Offline getfast_kiranTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Can anyone give suggestions. Especially if you have experience in boost circuit which requires a minimum load or a regulator which requires a minimum load to function.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf