Author Topic: [SOLVED] I am furious - Ordered PCBs are defected.  (Read 17878 times)

Offline AsimTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: I am furious - Ordered PCBs are defected.
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2016, 10:03:02 am »
Yea, all good.
My only grind is the slow communication( 2 days for each reply)
That's why I suggested ordering elsewhere. Usually you'll get your problem fixed but will lose significant time in the process. Time zone difference with China does not help either.

I did order elsewhere to avoid any extra delay :)

Also, time difference between me and china is 4 hours only

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2016, 10:04:34 am »
@wraper - so you mentioned PCBWin earlier as the best you'd seen from China. Do you use them exclusively now or is there anyone else you'd recommend? I've had numerous boards from ITEAD over the last couple of years and always been happy with the quality, although I'm never running too close to their DRC limits.

I will update you with the quality after I receive my batch as I did order from them

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2016, 10:11:28 am »
@wraper - so you mentioned PCBWin earlier as the best you'd seen from China. Do you use them exclusively now or is there anyone else you'd recommend? I've had numerous boards from ITEAD over the last couple of years and always been happy with the quality, although I'm never running too close to their DRC limits.
I've made 2 quiet big orders with them. Have not ordered any PCBs since then yet. As I check all of the PCBs under microscope after reflow, can say no shit noticed whatsoever. If nitpicking, sometimes small misalignment with layers (noticeable on the vias on bottom side, always perfectly in the center on the top), but that was perfectly acceptable and far from breaking annular rings. Of course this does not guarantee future orders will be as good. But with other fabs there always were at least some small imperfections here an there. If ordering ENIG, there are layer of paper between the boards, HASL don't have.

The following users thanked this post: RogerRowland

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2016, 10:22:53 am »
ITEAD over the last couple of years and always been happy with the quality, although I'm never running too close to their DRC limits.
In the past I made a few orders from them for around ~$500 in total. Cannot say I was impressed with quality in any way but boards were functional and IIRC without showstopper flaws unlike Elecrow.

The following users thanked this post: RogerRowland

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2016, 09:27:06 am »

So, the new PCBs arrived in a week ( fastest order I got so far).
the quality is good & the customer service is also good.

Happy with the service   

Offline digsys

• Supporter
    • DIGSYS
Re: [SOLVED] I am furious - Ordered PCBs are defected.
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2016, 10:28:42 am »
I've used PCBWin a few times now. OK it's not the razor-sharp photo quality I get from local or big-name places, but so far, they've been pretty good.
I have 200+ pcbs to check tomorrow, so stay tuned :-)
ONE damn GRIPE though. I've always had a gerber v-grove layer, and a routing layer (usually the board edge layer. Their auto-checker rejects it.
Tried a few times, different ideas, no luck. Sent emails and test pcbs, and still they can't tell me WTF? One one design, they v-groved all the panel pcb outlines !!
Does anyone know how to present V-Grove info?
Hello <tap> <tap> .. is this thing on?

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2016, 11:05:39 am »
I just put outline, slots and v-groove to mechanical layer with comments what is what.

Online Siwastaja

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2016, 11:08:19 am »

There is no widely used standardized way. It is always specified by the fab. Normally, it's on the website. If such info doesn't exist, and the fab cannot provide it even when asked, the fab is only usable by random pure luck.

Offline digsys

• Supporter
    • DIGSYS
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2016, 11:35:26 am »
Quote from: wraper
.. I just put outline, slots and v-groove to mechanical layer with comments what is what ...
Yup, did all that, and tried other ideas. The auto-checker rejects it ! Maybe Siwastaja is right - pot luck ! :-)
Hello <tap> <tap> .. is this thing on?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf