Author Topic: Green,Light and portable Lizard Trapper  (Read 4020 times)

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
Re: Green,Light and portable Lizard Trapper
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2017, 01:56:55 am »
I've never heard of cats spreading viruses, I've had cats my whole life and never had any trouble with it. Mine are indoor-only now though, they live a lot longer that way. As far as animals go cats are quite clean, certainly less germy than (human) kids. My friends with kids are always getting sick, especially around the start of a new school year.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2017, 12:07:59 am »
Toxoplasmosis? A huge percentage of humans are infected too. (a third globally)

It changes people's brains. They usually are not aware they have it unless they get something like AIDS or some other systemic infection that suppresses their immune systems and then it can be really dangerous.

Things like that may not kill you but they certainly can change peoples lives for the worst. At the very least if you live in countries without free public health care having it in your MIB file might make you uninsurable soon.

Which could mean unemployable too.
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2017, 12:20:36 am »
That's one I hadn't heard of, although looking it up apparently the most common method of spreading is through food, with infected cat feces being next on the list. I can't speak for everyone but I try to never contact any sort of feces. Rats, something typically kept under control by cats are known to spread Hantavirus, and given a choice between the two it sounds worse.

Children still seem to be a far greater risk of exposure to all manner of viruses and bacteria than animals typically had as pets.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2017, 12:42:13 am »
Fact is that if it's not one thing then another will come along thats equally as obnoxious to us humans and indeed to all living creatures. The only things that will win in the end are insects, as we and animals die, its insects who get the last laugh because they will feast on our bodies and recycle them unless we are cremated, the insects will get us all sooner or later.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf