Author Topic: Lexmark toner chip Ti046b1  (Read 12700 times)

igrok_by and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
Re: Lexmark toner chip Ti046b1
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2016, 11:11:30 PM »
A bit off topic: are there any printers still around whith reasonably priced/easily refillable cartridges?
Brother would be another.  :)

Resetting a cartridge is nothing more than moving a gear back to it's start position. And you can refill a genuine cartridge 2- 3x w/ a reset between each refill*.  >:D Makes them the lowest per page cost I'm aware of.  :-+

* Depending on the amount of toner the refill kit contains. Also, replace the fill cap rather than reuse or there's a serious chance it will leak, as they tend to get mangled when removing them (inexpensive & available on eBay and Amazon; new gears too, should you need them).

Offline MPOWER

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2016, 11:46:51 PM »
Hi, I am new to your forum and found it googling for chip TI046B1.
I am also interested in re-writing my lexmark smart chip with a virgin file.
My MX410de uses this chip in the toner and in the imaging drum. The important thing is that I have an original 602HE 10.000 pages new and boxed cartridge.
So I was thinking that if you help me read its virgin file I could re-write it when the time comes. Of course I would also share the file.

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance
Michael

Online igrok_by

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2016, 04:48:10 AM »
Hello everybody. Recently I ordered a couple of chips to try to fill. They came, until set.

Offline cciollolo

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2016, 07:28:44 PM »
i tried to read this chip , and i founded for black cartridge chip that there is just one address that contains data ; all the others contains FF or 00 . I found this with bus pirate scanning step by step all address :  first [0xf1 xx , and i found that the only addresses that answer ACK are f1 00 and f1 01 . Second [0xf1 00 xx and [0xf1 01 xx .... at the end the address that answers all ack and return data different from 00 and FF is [0xf1 0 1 0 0.
i attach the content of this address . After i bought another chip ti046b1 and i tried to read the same address ; the content doesn't match . So i tried to write the content of the original chip to the new , but when i try to write the chip answers NACK .
the procedure to read is [0xf1 0 1 0 0 [ r r r r r r r r r r r
i try to write with [0xf0 0 1 0 0 [ data data

Online igrok_by

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2017, 08:38:54 PM »
Hello friends. I hasten to please, this chip succumbed to erasure and everything works as it should. :popcorn:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:42:38 PM by igrok_by »

Offline bigakis

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2017, 12:49:02 AM »
I captured the traffic between the printer and the catridge subsystem using a MiniLogic analyzer. Bus Pirate gives erroneous results.
My first notes:
  • The catridges have 10 bit addresses. First byte 0xF0 (W)/0xF1(R), second by 0x01-0x04
  • There is another FRAM attached to the bus having address 0x05
  • The printer communicates to the bus in cycles. When opening and closing the lid, it starts 5 cycles
  • On Each cycle it polls each catridge by sending 0xF0, 0x0x (x=1-5). If it receives an ACK on the second byte that means the catridge is installed, and sends more bytes. If not it tries one more time before moving to the next address.
  • An ACK on the first byte (0xF0) is always sent by the installed 5th FRAM
  • First 4 cycles looks like identification. 5th one is the actual communication
Attached are the SAELAE Logic Capture, the Decoded CSV output, a simple python script to beautify the results and the beutified results.
The data are from a cs310dn printer, no catridges attached, so the communication takes place only between the printer and the internal FRAM.
More to come soon

#update: The 5th FRAM report a S/N CAHxxxxxxxx and part number 38CB0001. It points to a company named sirtec in HK manufacturing toners for Lexmark. But there is no toner installed!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:31:05 AM by bigakis »

Online igrok_by

• Contributor
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2017, 04:25:33 PM »
I can say one thing. chip read and until I got to read and write 1024 bytes open for writing and 1024 closed. In a closed file, there is a number, a model, and many that are not understandable.
While well go into the discharge with a small amount of toner.
I have models 511 and 410. 511 even some with 0 pages went into rewriting.
Under No. 1, there is a toner. Under No. 5 there is a photo drum.
While there are works with the search of the recovery from 0 pages.
Open to HxD.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 04:55:08 PM by igrok_by »

Offline organizatie

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2017, 06:09:16 AM »
Hello ,
igrok_by in your picture R5L16B is a memory chip equivalent is FM25L16 (RAMTRON).i have dump for this (my printer is mx310dn).i'm trying to identify a programmer for ti046b1 but can not find any documentation for this chip.

Online igrok_by

• Contributor
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2017, 11:10:09 PM »
there is no documentation for the chip. I asked many who sell them. But it seems to me that this is not just a memory, but a controller programmed to impersonate itself for memory. Because my attempts to return the blocked chips are unsuccessful. I'm waiting for the listener with China to test my theory.

I can recover a chip that is not blocked.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 11:13:09 PM by igrok_by »

Offline organizatie

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2017, 04:19:50 AM »
in romania some devices can be reset, but they must still contain information.of the scheme seems to be a memory but I think it was labeled with a special series.thanks

Online igrok_by

• Contributor
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2017, 04:29:42 PM »
in romania some devices can be reset, but they must still contain information.of the scheme seems to be a memory but I think it was labeled with a special series.thanks
Opportunity.
But I had a chip on the verge of blocking. I thought that he allowed the lock and counted again. Global changes nebylo. Recorded contents before blocking. But it did not work. I know that one thing is that he is not confused, but a controller. He has 2 addresses for an answer.
The first one is 0.
The second one depends on where it stands. 1 - if this is the bottom with the drum unit and 5 - if there is toner.

Offline organizatie

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2017, 03:53:49 PM »
Hello,
igrok, where you ordered the chip??for what printer is it??I found that ic's "2850" is a TI controller in the series MSP430FR57XX.

Online igrok_by

• Contributor
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2017, 07:03:25 PM »
Hello,
igrok, where you ordered the chip??for what printer is it??I found that ic's "2850" is a TI controller in the series MSP430FR57XX.
Hello. These chips were bought by our marketer.
The listener came from China. So far as I thought, it's not a memory controller. You need to get a lot of data to write your controller with reset counter. If you do not care to reset the lock of chips.

Online igrok_by

• Contributor
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2017, 01:01:15 AM »
Hello, friends.
 I did not write for a long time, I was busy trying to understand what kind of animal it was.  :phew: :horse:
I recently offered to share with you.
1 is not just a memory, but a controller or memory that can generate encryption.
2 Yes, yes. Encryption. The algorithm is similar to "AES". This leads to his long attempts at deciphering without knowing the algorithm. Can anyone work with AES, help me understand how this works.
I took off my hat near the development of this chip. This works well. :clap:

Offline stj

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2017, 10:36:30 AM »
wouldnt it be simpler to hack the printer formware to fake the check result?

Online igrok_by

• Contributor
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2017, 05:07:30 PM »
wouldnt it be simpler to hack the printer formware to fake the check result?
as far as I know, I was told, I did not check that the printer is updating the encryption algorithm from the chip. Unfortunately, I do not have a printer firmware :-//.

Offline bigakis

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2017, 03:26:10 AM »
I'm also pretty sure this memory has embedded security. It is probably the case of this lawsuit https://www.eff.org/document/sixth-circuit-opinion

Online igrok_by

• Contributor
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2017, 08:53:37 PM »
Hello. I see that the information does not appear.  :popcorn:. I want to boast that the "beast" has been trained. The chip fits perfectly into the reset  :-/O. All informatics can be given for a reward. :popcorn:

Online igrok_by

• Contributor
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2017, 04:26:33 PM »
How?
After a long training =)
There is no documentation for the chip. I found how it works. And now there is a solution that allows me to restart the mx/ms 410/511 chips.
I think that the others work on the same algorithm.

Online igrok_by

• Contributor
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2017, 12:01:10 AM »
How?
After a long training =)
There is no documentation for the chip. I found how it works. And now there is a solution that allows me to restart the mx/ms 410/511 chips.
I think that the others work on the same algorithm.
Dear igrok_by, I'm very glad that you have succeeded, But, could you chance, forget how it's done, or break your computer, accidentally format the hard drive. Hope for understanding.
With respect! :)

Only after Lexmark agrees that the money spent on protection in vain.
And will cut 10 times the prices of consumables
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 12:10:47 AM by igrok_by »

Offline metrologist

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2017, 07:23:36 AM »
this sounds like a paypal solution to me... I think I am saddled with this pox as well.

The following users thanked this post: mojalan

Online igrok_by

• Contributor
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2017, 04:19:38 PM »
this sounds like a paypal solution to me... I think I am saddled with this pox as well.
Chinese friends offer good chips at good prices. True, these chips are clones of the original :). I was surprised when I got five chips with the same number.

The following users thanked this post: mojalan

Offline organizatie

« Reply #47 on: Yesterday at 10:39:17 PM »
Hi igrok_by
what amount you are talking about igrok_by?? :clap:
regards
i'm waiting for the message in pm

Online igrok_by

• Contributor
« Reply #48 on: Today at 05:24:11 PM »