Author Topic: Looking for a MOSFET  (Read 2702 times)

Offline akisTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Looking for a MOSFET
« on: April 29, 2017, 09:18:06 pm »
I have been using a pair of IRFSL4615PBF to switch an AC signal at 200KHz, 180V p2p and around 1A RMS. I was looking for something similar but at higher Vds, say 200V rather than 150V. Coss has to be low (below 200pF) so there are no leaks when the FETs are off, and switching time is not that important (1 switch per second). Been to the Infineon web site their parametric search is primitive does not include the Coss or other params. About to visit ON Semi now, and any suggestions welcomed.

Offline MagicSmoker

• Super Contributor
Re: Looking for a MOSFET
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 09:47:05 pm »
Good grief, you are going about this bass-ackwards... Do a parametric search at a distributors website, instead of going to each manufacturer individually, and filter on, say, a specific package and voltage rating to narrow down the field of contenders.

Here in the states I prefer Mouser and Digikey, but my understanding is that Farnell and RS Components are more popular in the UK.

Offline akisTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 06:17:50 am »
Thanks MagicSmoker, I have already been to Farnell, Mouser and Digikey and RS and they do not include Coff in their parametric search.

Online Marco

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 08:05:48 am »
Thanks MagicSmoker, I have already been to Farnell, Mouser and Digikey and RS and they do not include Coff in their parametric search.

You don't really need it, next to no MOSFET with 200-300 max Vds and single digit amp max current will have Coss exceeding your requirements.

You can find some a lot cheaper than blueskull's expensive hammer too ;)

Offline MagicSmoker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 02:08:28 pm »

No they don't, but if you filter on package (TO-262), Vds rating (200V) and must be in stock then you get exactly 1 result at Digikey. Download the datasheet, check Coss, profit.

Offline T3sl4co1l

• Super Contributor
  • Expert, Analog Electronics, PCB Layout, EMC
    • Seven Transistor Labs
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 02:13:41 pm »
EPC2012C, 64pF, 200V, 100mR. REQUIRES VERY PRECISE SMD SOLDERING AND UNDERFILL PROCESS!!!!!

One-upsmanship, is it?

Relay. 250VAC, 10A, < 20mR, <10pF.  Requires standard SMT or THT assembly process.

(No mention of how often the switch needs to be switched, so I claim this is a valid solution until further information is given. ;D )

Tim
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Electronic design, from concept to prototype.
Bringing a project to life?  Send me a message!

Offline D-Jack

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 11:02:26 pm »
I have been using a pair of IRFSL4615PBF to switch an AC signal at 200KHz, 180V p2p and around 1A RMS. I was looking for something similar but at higher Vds, say 200V rather than 150V. Coss has to be low (below 200pF) so there are no leaks when the FETs are off, and switching time is not that important (1 switch per second). Been to the Infineon web site their parametric search is primitive does not include the Coss or other params. About to visit ON Semi now, and any suggestions welcomed.

You can use IPN60R3K4CEATMA1, also from Infineon: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/infineon-technologies/IPN60R3K4CEATMA1/IPN60R3K4CEATMA1CT-ND/6138212

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 01:22:13 am »
(No mention of how often the switch needs to be switched )

...apart from the part where it says "1 switch per second".  :popcorn:

Offline T3sl4co1l

• Super Contributor
  • Expert, Analog Electronics, PCB Layout, EMC
    • Seven Transistor Labs
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 04:31:10 am »
(No mention of how often the switch needs to be switched )

...apart from the part where it says "1 switch per second".  :popcorn:

It's great how my eyes skim over things like that :P
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Electronic design, from concept to prototype.
Bringing a project to life?  Send me a message!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf