Author Topic: Looking for info about CSR8630 bluetooth module for a project  (Read 1795 times)

Offline AlpejohnTopic starter

Hi,

Im working on a bluetooth streaming adapter for my bmw.
And i am going to use the CSR8630 chip. So i have bought two of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CSR-8630-Bluetooth-4-0-BLE-wireless-Stereo-Audio-Module-Speaker-headphone-/221910406852?hash=item33aae416c4:g:Tw0AAOSw14xWGdaF

The plan is to solder this module to my board. And i need to connect power, audio out and the pins for skipping forward and backwards.
But im having some problems connecting it up. Or i dont understand the pin outs..

Im assuming the pin 26 GND and 27 VBAT is power. But when i apply power here, and then try to search for it i cant find it.
Probably not the best way of telling if it powers on or not though..

Also im not sure what pins are for audio out.

I have searched alot, but cant find any good info. Also sent a message to the guy on ebay selling them, asking what pins was + and -, audio out and so on.
Only answer i got was "plus is +, minus is -". So i gave up asking him more questions.

Has anyone here used this module, or know anything about them? I would appreciate it if you could share your info with me. :)

Offline Buriedcode

• Super Contributor
Re: Looking for info about CSR8630 bluetooth module for a project
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 12:41:12 am »
I have not used that particular module, but a few using the CSR8645.

You are correct in that Vbatt is 'power' (often a lipo battery 3.2 - 4.2V) but usually these modules have a 'Vreg_EN' pin which enables the on-board voltage regulators and powers it up.

In your case it may will be the MFB pin - multi-function button.  When you apply power using Vbatt, and GND, check the '1.8V' pin for.. well 1.8V.  Try pulling the MFB pin high by tying it to the Vbatt with a 10k resistor.

The IO voltage on these is probably 1.8V so you should use the 1.8V line for your buttons, but Vbatt will do as long as you have series resistors to limit current. And in the case of the MFB it has to be Vbatt anyway as that enables the regulator.

Audio out is SPK_LP/SPK_LN for left, and SPK_RP/SPK_RN for right.  It has differential output, so a + and - for each speaker, which means you can't just connect the negative outputs to ground.  The reason for the differential connection is that there is often a lot of noise coming from the rest of the chip (power management, CPU core, RF parts) which bleeds to the outputs.  By using differential connection that noise can be cancelled out, but it does make it more difficult if you want to have an output with a common ground - often requires either an opamp difference amplifier for each output, or a headphone amplifier chip with differential input (PAM8908, MAX9722 etc..).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf