Author Topic: Augmented Reality breadboard circuit building  (Read 3280 times)

Offline billclayTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Augmented Reality breadboard circuit building
« on: November 10, 2013, 02:09:12 pm »
I haven't seen this mentioned before, but it's very cool.  Here's the blurb directly from the
YT post:

Augmented Reality app provides walk-though build instructions, part and net information overlays on real circuits.

It seems to be similar to what is done in the manufacturing industry already:

http://www.equipcodes.com/augmented-reality-for-equipment-manufacturers.html

Offline Tinkerer

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Augmented Reality breadboard circuit building
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 09:56:39 pm »
Holy crap! I want that. This right here folks is the future staring us in the face.
The one step up from this is basic projecting holograms on to the board but we havent quite reached that tech yet.

Offline Zbig

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Augmented Reality breadboard circuit building
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 01:12:41 pm »
Maybe I'm getting old and grumpy way too fast but I actually hate the idea. It's a nice technology showcase stunt but it has zero educational value in my opinion. The last thing world needs is another flood of Arduino "projects" with breadboards permanently taped to them because the guys who "made" them not only weren't able to translate the breadboard to PCB but never actually understood why whichever wire goes where in the fist place. What's the next step? A robotic arm putting the wires into the breadboard for you while you lean back with a feeling of accomplishment? What if one runs out of the yellow jumper cables but still has plenty of blue ones left? He'll go straight to the eBay to order some more yellow ones, I guess. That's not learning, that's "drawing" by connecting the numbered dots. If there's a notice "Age 7-10" somewhere there then ok, I apologize, great kids' toy.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 01:31:18 pm by Zbig »

Offline ddavidebor

• Super Contributor
    • Smartbox AT
Augmented Reality breadboard circuit building
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 01:18:40 pm »
Maybe I'm getting old and grumpy way too fast but I actually hate the idea. It's a nice technology showcase stunt but it has zero educational value in my opinion. The last thing world needs is another flood of Arduino "projects" with breadboards permanently taped to them because the guys who "made" them not only weren't able to translate the breadboard to PCB but never actually understood why whichever wire goes where in the fist place. What's the next step? A robotic arm putting the wires into the breadboard for you why you lean back with a feeling of accomplishment? What if one runs out of the yellow jumper cables but still has plenty of blue ones left? He'll go straight to the eBay to order some more yellow ones, I guess. That's not learning, that's "drawing" by connecting the numbered dots. If there's a notice "Age 7-10" somewhere there then ok, I apologize, great kids' toy.

I agree with you and i"m 17
David - Professional Engineer - Medical Devices and Tablet Computers at Smartbox AT
Side businesses: Altium Industry Expert writer, http://fermium.ltd.uk (Scientific Equiment), http://chinesecleavers.co.uk (Cutlery),

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf