Author Topic: Micro sumo project ideas and suggestions  (Read 3651 times)

Offline ahmetcanackTopic starter

• Contributor
Micro sumo project ideas and suggestions
« on: February 10, 2016, 02:34:05 pm »
Hi, everyone i have been designing a micro sumo robot for  couple of weeks.  As you know its dimensions must be smaller than 5x5x5x cm.
To be honest it is quite challenging for me  ;D . There are tons of details to think about. For example motors, gear system, electronics, battery, wheels,  proximity sensor and software.
First of all as you might guess i do not have that much experience in any robot like this small. That is also the main reason why im here  :-DD
So i have aldready  designed my pcb choosen the motors, wheels and sensor. But before i buy them and get the board manufactured i need to  some ideas and some suggestions  :scared: . First off i really need someone to comment on my  pcb layout and schematics since i am not  anyone experienced in electronics like you. I decided to go with oshpark by the way. As i said i dont acctually know that if this is a proper way to discuss it but i really need some ideas, someone to judge and comment  on my pcb design. Because it is going to be  the first time i design a board and get it manufactured. For sensor i have choosen one of the sharp proximity sensors (its range is between 4 -30cm), for the motors i  decided to use the pager motors that pololu sells and the wheels are also from pololu, they are designed to fit to the shaft on the pager motor. But i have some doubts about these too... the reason i choose pager motor from pololu is that is is the only motor with gearbox that would fit in to the dimensions of a micro sumo without any mods. But there is also an opinion i have. I thought that it may be possible to change 9g micro servos into continuous servos and use them. It can also be modded in order to fit to the robot. Because even micro servos does not fit into the dimensions of a micro sumo. By modding it with throwing its back cover and merging both of the motors together i can have almost a perfect solution. But there are downsides about it.  Servos have a very good torque although they dont have that much rpm for a robot (im not sure about this tho) the pager motors i was talking about were above 300 rpm as i remember  but servos are only 180 rpm.  So this is also a problem i need to fix. And there is a battery problem.  I need a battery that has a widht of less than 45 mm, lenght of also 45/2 mm(i need 2 cells for the motors in order to have 7.4 volts ), height of less than 15 mm. And it also has to deliver enough current for the motors. And finally as i said i need some help. I dont know that if you can help me about that :/  i will put my schematics and board file( i designed them in eagle ) if you can take a look at it and judge me  i would appriciate and be very very pleased :D thank you for reading this long topic  ^-^

• Contributor
Re: Micro sumo project ideas and suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 03:40:21 pm »
These are the files of my pcb design :D
 ? will try to upload pictures of the servo mod that i was talking about :D

Offline HAL-42b

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 04:21:50 pm »
Cool but not everyone has Eagle installed. Post pictures and PDFs as well.

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 04:26:44 pm »
Cool but not everyone has Eagle installed. Post pictures and PDFs as well.
Here is the schematic :D
board layout consists 2 layer tho.Would it help  if i put pictures of both layers ?

Offline HAL-42b

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 05:07:45 pm »
Is this auto-routed? Because it looks like it is.

Rip it all out and do it properly.

Üst bak?r maymun götü gibi olmu?. Düzgün yap ?unu. DRC kullanmay? da ö?ren memleketin yüz karas?.

?emana hiç bakm?yorum bile.

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 05:40:49 pm »

Üst bak?r maymun götü gibi olmu?. Düzgün yap ?unu. DRC kullanmay? da ö?ren memleketin yüz karas?.

Thank you very much for being so nice. And guess what ? it is autorouted :DDDDDD

tesekkurler ya abi cok sagolas?n :D kusura bakma belki senin gibi okulunu okuyamad?m henuz ama okuyacagim merak etme... Anadolu lisesi 3. s?n?f ogrencisiyim bir yerlerden tutup ögrenmeye calisiyoruz iste :D belki sasiracaksin ama senin yorumun bile benim icin onem tasiyor sa?olasin tekrar :D

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 05:44:01 pm »

abi tekrar cevap vermek istedim sana...
yemin ediyorum turklugumuzu her yerde yap?yoruz. Iste bu yuzden eevblog a geldim  gidip de bizim forumlara yazmadim... cidden helal olsun sana ya yard?m edecegin yerde soyledigin seye bak...
ben yine de sayg? duyuyorum ama size merak etmeyin umar?m siz de benim gibilere azcik saygi duyarsiniz... yemin ediyorum yazik.
Ve son olarak tesekkur ediyorum memleketin parlayan isigi oldugunuz icin

Offline HAL-42b

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 07:28:49 pm »
Duygu seli yapaca??na üst bak?r? düzeltsen ya narin ruhlu evlad?m benim.

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 07:37:28 pm »
Duygu seli yapaca??na üst bak?r? düzeltsen ya narin ruhlu evlad?m benim.

Tesekkurler sagolun düzeltiyorum hemen, soldaki entegre l293dd ortada 4 bacag?n hepsi karsilikli o yüzden o sekilde sacma sapan bir olay olmus suan tavsiyeniz üzerine zaten autorouting yerine kendim yapmaya karar verdim tesekkürler yardim için

Offline HAL-42b

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 07:54:54 pm »
Önce buray? oku sonra üst bak?r? sil ba?tan yap.

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 07:57:01 pm »
Önce buray? oku sonra üst bak?r? sil ba?tan yap.
Bende tam buna bakiyordum zaten  ;D sagolun vakit ay?rd?g?n?z icin

Offline DutchGert

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 08:38:26 pm »
Good to see you talk in a language the rest of the world also understands....... |O :-- :palm:

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 08:41:19 pm »
Good to see you talk in a language the rest of the world also understands....... |O :-- :palm:
sorry about that :D he helped me about the schematic :D and suggested to sparkfuns page about better pcbs :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf