Author Topic: My arduino powered firework sequencer. This is gonna be a blast.  (Read 15736 times)

Offline usagiTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: My arduino powered firework sequencer. This is gonna be a blast.
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2017, 08:32:24 am »
the video:

The following users thanked this post: Fungus

Offline BrianHG

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2017, 08:40:36 am »
Bravo!  :clap:

Offline Ash

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2017, 11:55:07 am »
 :popcorn:

Nicely done! :-+

Congratulations! ;D

Offline usagiTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2018, 10:44:39 am »
working on version 2.0, I have PCBs designed in easyeda and manufactured by jlcpcb. makes the wiring a lot cleaner!

Offline texaspyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2018, 02:31:21 am »
One other hint - if you expect any rain or dew (I don't know where you are in the US) there is nothing wrong with a layer of "saran" wrap over the mortar tubes and igniters. The shells will go straight through and you don't have to worry about water.. I've done shows in the rain before.. fun.  :-\

I've done lots of commercial shows.   We always use aluminum foil over the mortar tubes.  Keeps embers away.  I have also never seen or used nichrome ignitors... it's always e-macthes.

Number one rule of handling fireworks...  DON'T SKID THE PRODUCT...  always lift and carry the box... NEVER slide it.  A guy I know that absolutely knew better killed himself sliding boxes around in a truck.

Number two rule:   Never pull an e-match out of a piece of quick-match.   Particularly if you are working on a 6" report sitting in your crotch.   I know of a guy that did that... his junk is now orbiting the moon.

Offline texaspyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2018, 02:45:24 am »
Just one thing to be careful of.
When most uC's are started up, their output registers can be in a random state.
Which means that even if you have the 1st few lines of your code set all the registers to 0, and their DDR to outputs, it may already be too late. The outputs could have already randomly fired at switch on.

My high-power rocket launch controller is designed to that no single point of failure can cause a launch-capable fault.

Each firing channel has two high power mosfets.  A high fet and a low fet.  The ignitor connects between the two.   The gates are driven through pulse transformers and series capacitors.   The circuit is designed so that you must supply several hundred milliseconds of 30 kHz drive before the FETs can turn on.  No "stuck-at" fault will cause a firing condition.  The high FET drive and low FET drive come from two independent sources (a timer output and a bit banged signal...  both from different ports).

The FET outputs are biased slightly above Vbatt/2 and below Vbatt/2 with high resistance dividers (multiple non-SMD resistors in series so no shorted part can cause more than 1mA to flow).  The outputs are continuously monitored and shorted FET or anomalous condition will shut down the system.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 02:47:02 am by texaspyro »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf