Author Topic: PCB Assembly during Chinese New Year?  (Read 1633 times)

Offline envisionelecTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
PCB Assembly during Chinese New Year?
« on: February 13, 2018, 09:27:14 pm »
I'm looking for a Korean or similar low(er) cost PCB mfg and assembler for a few boards while my usual Chinese suppliers are out having a good time.

I found http://quickturnpcb.co.kr but it appears they do not assemble the completed PCBs.

Does anyone have some ideas? It doesn't have to be especially fast... 2-3 weeks is ok.

Offline fourtytwo42

• Super Contributor
  • Interested in all things green/ECO NOT political
Re: PCB Assembly during Chinese New Year?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 04:44:24 pm »
You only have to wait a week for the Chinese new year to be fininished!

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 08:45:41 pm »
It was a time sensitive project. I found a Korean supplier. Thanks for your help!  ^-^

Offline Leo Bodnar

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 10:23:58 pm »
Is USA assembly industry hopeless?

Leo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 11:01:31 pm »
Hopelessly expensive and incompetent a lot of the time. I won’t ever deal with a USA company again if I can help it.

Offline kitcyte2

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 03:43:52 pm »
Hi @ envisionelec I am in the same situation as you are right now. Do you have any recommendation on the PCB manufacturer you ended up using? Thanks

Offline TrickyNekro

• Frequent Contributor
  • Drinking Frappé on the way to Isomnia!
    • Youtube channel, electronics and more ;-)
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 03:58:11 pm »
Hopelessly expensive and incompetent a lot of the time. I won’t ever deal with a USA company again if I can help it.

LOL, ok even oshpark... they should be that terrible, no idea though, haven´t ever used them...
If you are an engineer and you are not tired...
You are doing it wrong!

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 02:44:17 pm »
We went with quickturnpcb.co.kr and had an excellent experience. Highly recommended!

Offline Gibson486

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 03:30:57 pm »
I am kind of surprised, how are US companies incompetent? They have a few companies that now that have reached off shore pricing....

Offline bugrobotics

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 04:31:55 pm »
LOL, ok even oshpark... they should be that terrible, no idea though, haven´t ever used them...

OshPark is awesome if all that you need is a two layer board.  Great service and quick turnaround.  They offer 4-layer boards but not fast.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 05:39:30 pm »
Your reaction is completely understandable. The incompetence to which I refer isn’t their capabilities but their almost indifferent approach to expediency. The Pacific Rim companies absolutely murder US PCB FAB houses when it comes to just getting it done for one-offs. And that - no matter what the cost - is something that brings me back as a repeat customer.

Offline Leo Bodnar

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2019, 06:58:56 pm »
The incompetence to which I refer isn’t their capabilities but their almost indifferent approach to expediency.
You guys are lucky.  UK companies we worked with are struggling with bare basics.

We have a list of more than 10 UK companies that do assembly for us and to put it bluntly they are all crap.  And based on the sample set I conclude that the rest of UK PCB assembly industry is too.  Top 3 are only at the top because the others are even worse.

I have posted a few of their attempts in https://www.eevblog.com/forum/manufacture/professional-assembly-mishaps/ but it became so everyday that I have stopped taking pictures.  All pictures I have posted were "made in the UK."

Just a week ago a large UK company delivered assembled 2 layer boards with about 15% of the PCBs having non-conductive vias.  The vias are 0.3mm drill.  To me this is 1980's technology. They have claimed that 0.3mm is a "micro via" and I have, basically, engineered the failure myself by using them on 1.5mm two layer PCB.
And, surely, they...
... stand out... at home and abroad... knowledge and experience... proud British heritage ... home-grown expertise ...no compromises ...
Leo
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 07:01:44 pm by Leo Bodnar »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf