Author Topic: PocketBeagle GUI  (Read 2035 times)

Offline BoscoeTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
PocketBeagle GUI
« on: October 11, 2017, 08:59:38 pm »
Hi all,

I picked up one of these because they are cheap understanding it doesn't have any video connection to the MCU. I wanted to created a headless linux server using teamviewer to access the GUI on the PocketBeagle. But the problem is the LXQT GUI distribution doesn't have support for the Pocket and thus doesn't boot when I try. Does anyone know how I could get around this?

Thanks

Offline hermit

• Frequent Contributor
Re: PocketBeagle GUI
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 10:03:18 pm »
I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on one of these because of price.  I have BBB that I haven't really learned yet though. Basically just subbing to the thread because using the 'notify' sends email.  Pretty big deficiency in the software or I haven't found the correct settings yet.

Offline sycho123321

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 05:34:15 am »
I'm not familiar with the pocketbeagle itself but you should just be able to install whatever desktop environment you want over ssh on a supported distro. But if it's going to be a headless server, why waste resources on running a gui?
-KD9A

Offline ahbushnell

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 01:07:11 pm »
I'm not familiar with the pocketbeagle itself but you should just be able to install whatever desktop environment you want over ssh on a supported distro. But if it's going to be a headless server, why waste resources on running a gui?

He probably needs a GUI.

I run VNC on the BBB.  It should run on the Pocketbeagle also.

https://arazblog.wordpress.com/2014/06/22/how-to-setup-vnc-server-on-beagle-bone-black-debian/

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf