Author Topic: RGB to component  (Read 2747 times)

Offline MrwoodchuckTopic starter

• Contributor
RGB to component
« on: October 06, 2015, 07:38:41 pm »
Hi all,

I'm working on an rgb to component circuit.
I'm a rookie and this circuit is building off of 3 other circuits i found on the net.

its using the THS7314 rgb amp supplying the signal to a ba7230ls ntsc tv encoder, while using the lm1881 sync stripper adding it to the G in line.
then from the ba7230ls the signal is put through the 2sc945 transistors some passives and out as component.

I have ordered most of my parts and will be wiring up a test circuit when they come in.
I wanted to know if what I have drawn out here is going to work or just blow up in my face.   :D

Any tips would be appreciated as i said im a rookie and still learning.

Thanks all!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 07:46:47 pm by Mrwoodchuck »

Offline ajb

• Super Contributor
Re: RGB to component
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 08:40:09 pm »
First of all, you'll have a much easier time if you work on cleaning up your schematic. 

- Spread things out a little more so that all of your wires can be at right angles. 
- At the THS7314, why do you have wires terminated at the root of the pins rather than the tips?  Are the pins backward in the library?
- No pin descriptors on the BA7230. . .that's just asking for trouble.  You want to be able to immediately be able to see if the the components are connected correctly in the schematic, if you have to refer to the datasheet to know what the pins do then you have a much higher risk of mistakes.
- Never run a wire over a component.  Either route the wire around from one side to the other, or flip the component to a more suitable orientation.
- Positive power ports should point up, negative or ground ports should point down.

Spending the time to lay out a schematic nicely in accordance with the standards and conventions will not only make it prettier, but more importantly will make it easier for you and other people to read and understand.  When it's easier to understand, it's much easier to spot mistakes.

Offline MrwoodchuckTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: RGB to component
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 10:40:45 pm »
Thank you for the reply,

Ya i was worried how bad the schematic looked, i was just trying to get it setup for the board part of eagle that i did not put a lot of effort in the schematic.

The THS7314 was a mistake on my part i made the library.

BA7230 was a Library i downloaded I forgot to turn on the names.

I was unaware of the power / ground ports thing but now that its mentioned it seems so obvious.   :palm:

Hopefully you will like the redo as this version looks a lot better.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf