Author Topic: RIGOL DSO Software Utility w FFT, Level Grade, Float Accuracy Data Storage.  (Read 19099 times)

Online MechatrommerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
(and pretty smoth rendering too, i expcted worse).
thats because you are sampling at slower rate 10MSps instead of earlier 25MSps. i calculate thats 60K points rendering there. your bitrate is 10Kbps you still can see the data if sampled at 100KSps (or 200K up to 1MSps for better fidelity). at lower sample rate, you can capture more packets compared to 10MSps sampling, and with the same view as the above picture, render on screen much faster (600 points @ 100KSps) ymmv...
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline zbyr

• Contributor
I mean even if i select 200k points on screen it's still better than i expected, screenshot wasn't showing that, but i tried it,  sorry for misunderstanding, that was poor example, also you are right that i should try minimalize sampling rate of scope to my needs (that is only possible via setting memory size, and it's pretty rought).
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 09:41:03 pm by zbyr »

• Super Contributor
..that i should try minimalize sampling rate of scope to my needs (that is only possible via setting memory size, and it's pretty rought).
i checked my ds1054z, yes you are right, changing sampling rate is not as easy as changing timescale alone (i thought it is), we have to reduce memory length as well. well its our scope limitation then.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline whitevamp

• Regular Contributor
too bad this one doesn't have the ability to go over lan. 

Offline zbyr

• Contributor
What do you think about calculating FFT using GPU?

http://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/cufft/

The following users thanked this post: MegaVolt

• Super Contributor
What do you think about calculating FFT using GPU?
http://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/cufft/
its hardware specific API i dont have access to...nice info nonetheless.. it seems ati radeon dont support FFT natively... btw i just uploaded ver 1.0.3 as nightly build link last night, you can select greater time/div setting with optimized drawing capability...

The following users thanked this post: zbyr

Offline zbyr

• Contributor
I found a little bug, imho not very important: when selecting bigger set of data points slider don't show properly. I attached two screenshots, one with good slider and second with bugged.

• Super Contributor
I found a little bug, imho not very important: when selecting bigger set of data points slider don't show properly. I attached two screenshots, one with good slider and second with bugged.
yes i noticed that earlier and made the fix just after uploading the file last night. please redownload again i just uploaded the fix few minutes ago...

Offline zbyr

• Contributor
Haha, i hope they won't destruct forum with them.  ;D Yup, it is good now, by the way i can't figure out what changes option "data duration"

• Super Contributor
Haha, i hope they won't destruct forum with them.  ;D Yup, it is good now, by the way i can't figure out what changes option "data duration"
i'm not sure what you meant by "data duration"

Offline zbyr

• Contributor
i'm not sure what you meant by "data duration"

• Super Contributor
oh that. that setting will be used as text's and image's fps during playback. meaning, if you have texts or images data in your visadso file, during playback, the program will show the data in how many second "Data Duration" you set. text fps is defined and saved in file during the text creation, but image data doesnt support fps data, so images will playback at the currently set "Data Duration" menu setting fps, but text will playback at data duration set when it was created. fwiw...

The following users thanked this post: zbyr

Offline zbyr

• Contributor
I have an idea about three additional features:
1) export current view as CSV
2) option to add time stamp in record mode (especialy in cont. single capture) so it could be used to data logging
3) add math channel

• Super Contributor
right click on data, you can export to CSV. you can import back to visadso (but different vertical scaling will be automatically calculated), and then you can trim the data in File->Chunk Editor... fwiw.. as the other features, i'll think about it ;D thanks for suggestion.

Offline zbyr

• Contributor
right click on data, you can export to CSV. you can import back to visadso (but different vertical scaling will be automatically calculated), and then you can trim the data in File->Chunk Editor... fwiw.. as the other features, i'll think about it ;D thanks for suggestion.

Yeah, i know that i can export whole capture and then trim, also i could trim it in matlab like i did till now, just operating with that large csv file is not that easy. That was just some of my thoughts about improve, user feedback ;D

• Super Contributor
VisaDSO (1.1.0) now supports downloading screen and memory data from Rigol DHO800 12bit DSO (possibly DHO900, DHO1000, DHO4000 too, but untested) to Windows PC...
http://www.soasystem.com/download/visadso/

compatible Windows driver for DHO800 device is NIVISA. latest version here... https://www.ni.com/en/support/downloads/drivers/download.ni-visa.html#494653
i use older nivisa1500 version, if newer version above cannot be used, i've made a copy here http://soasystem.com/eng/misc/index.html

displaying DHO800's 12bit data on PC screen still using (converted to) native (older) 8 bit data of Rigol DS1000E/Z to save development (upgrade) time, should be not much difference to the eye. however the 12bit potential is utilized in FFT (Spectrum Analysis Utility). DHO800's CSV file reading and Screenshot capture are also capabled. except WFM and BIN format are not yet capabled, lets wait until someone cracked the format. bug reports are always welcomed... fwiw.

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

• Super Contributor
Nightly Build Patch for ver 1.1.2 available..
-serious DHO800 data capture bug fixed.
-some "level grade" bmp/memory allocation crash fixed
-16bit graph/signal plotting display for DHO800 and raw data is now enabled

The following users thanked this post: MegaVolt

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf