Author Topic: SAMSUNG MOBILE PHONE BROKEN GLASS REPLACEMENT  (Read 4338 times)

Offline MrsRTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
SAMSUNG MOBILE PHONE BROKEN GLASS REPLACEMENT
« on: August 19, 2012, 01:16:13 pm »
Hi Guys!
My son wants me to replace the front glass on his Mobile Phone. :-[ He has the new glass Face which has heat sensitive glue for reattachment.
Does anyone know the correct temperature that is required to remove the old plate and the replacement Temp to attach the new one.
Also should I use an air heat gun or infrared heat.

Rachael

Offline StubbornGreek

• Frequent Contributor
Re: SAMSUNG MOBILE PHONE BROKEN GLASS REPLACEMENT
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 06:59:22 pm »
Hi Guys!
My son wants me to replace the front glass on his Mobile Phone. :-[ He has the new glass Face which has heat sensitive glue for reattachment.
Does anyone know the correct temperature that is required to remove the old plate and the replacement Temp to attach the new one.
Also should I use an air heat gun or infrared heat.

Rachael

I've done a few but can't give temps; I've found that the adhesive they use in these isn't consistent (different give), so I've kind of developed a feel for it. Use a large nozzle on your hot air tool and keep it moving at a decent distance (set to about 200c). After a few attempts (use suction tool), you'll notice the adhesive start to 'give'. Just don't concentrate heat in one location for too long and careful, the glass obviously gets hot.
"The reward of a thing well done is to have it done"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline saturation

• Super Contributor
  • Doveryai, no proveryai
    • NIST
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 09:11:19 pm »
This can help, the temp is generally as he discusses, about 50-70C right at the phone.

Best Wishes,

Saturation

Offline MrsRTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 11:00:10 pm »
Thanks good peoples.
Got the old glass off :) 125c as low as my H.Air gun would go and a Teflon coated ceramic Knife (didn't heat up) so no burnt digits.
Surprising bit was how easy it was to pull down.
I fixed my daughter's Mobile last year and it all clipped together and was a real pain.
Again thanks for the advice this has to be the best Electronics FORUM around must be because it's Australian ;)

Rachael 

Offline StubbornGreek

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 04:54:32 am »
Thanks good peoples.
Got the old glass off :) 125c as low as my H.Air gun would go and a Teflon coated ceramic Knife (didn't heat up) so no burnt digits.
Surprising bit was how easy it was to pull down.
I fixed my daughter's Mobile last year and it all clipped together and was a real pain.
Again thanks for the advice this has to be the best Electronics FORUM around must be because it's Australian ;)

Rachael

I've found Samsungs a lot easier to work on than most, especially Apple products (I find myself scratching my head sometimes with those guys thinking, 'why?').
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 04:04:02 pm »
Apple, designed to be easy and fast to assemble, but not a repairable item at all. Basically a use and toss item with a massive price tag.

Offline StubbornGreek

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 05:22:27 pm »
Apple, designed to be easy and fast to assemble, but not a repairable item at all. Basically a use and toss item with a massive price tag.

Pretty much sums it up...wash and repeat.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf