Author Topic: Shamelessly promoting my channel [spanish]  (Read 2166 times)

Offline colotronTopic starter

• Contributor
Shamelessly promoting my channel [spanish]
« on: August 04, 2016, 01:12:22 pm »
Hi everybody.
I've started a series of videos about microcontroller software design, maybe in the future I could go to other topics (like pcb design and specific projects).
Doing it in my native language Spanish because my English is not very fluent yet. Is easy to read, not so easy to write, and harder to speak (at least for me, I'm not very multilingual...  ::) ).

In this series of videos I try to implement a serial port command line interface using a msp430 launchpad, starting from nothing but an empty project in Eclipse (tool installation already done: compiler, ide, programmer/debugger).

This one is not intended for people who knows nothing about electronics, but for someone who had experimented doing some coding, saw it's progression in a code mess, tried to flash it in a micro, encountered bugs not knowing if it's a hardware/firmware/software issue, and so on.
The objective is to make coding easier and even - perhaps - more enjoyable.

I'm not the more experimented guy on this (by far), but hey, didn't saw people doing real projects in real time (it's more true in Spanish than English), so why not give it a try?.
Sorry for the shameless self promotion  ;)

Oh yeah, the link:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGL5AjNW8FqrC4nG78msLqIiTcxzeSBIO
Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPaq6BR_z-2jZyZ4oeKFZ0g

Thanks!!!!

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
Re: Shamelessly promoting my channel [spanish]
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 02:34:10 pm »
Subscribed. I started watching the first one and ("acá está el mate..." :) ) and will provide feedback on the go. So far I like what I see.

You have a better startup platform than I do, given that much more people speak Spanish in the world than Portuguese (my channel).
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 06:25:31 pm »
Subscribed. I started watching the first one and ("acá está el mate..." :) ) and will provide feedback on the go. So far I like what I see.

You have a better startup platform than I do, given that much more people speak Spanish in the world than Portuguese (my channel).

Sin mate no pienso... without mate I can't think. You English man out there, imagine your life without tea, or coffee...
One of the things I like the most is to know another personal/small channels that have quite unique content, youtube only suggests the biggest (which it's absolutely good to know about) but there are so many others lost in the no-suggestion zone.

Just subscribed to yours too.I try to listen to Portuguese more, I guess this summer I will have to go to some Brazilian beach, you know... for research  :) and learn the language...
Muito obrigado.

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
    • General Repair and Support
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 10:45:49 pm »
Gracias! Suscrito ya. Me gusta algunos vid? de Abelardo Pardo, pero sobre todo, recursos latinos son escasos o peor, llena de bobería. Ud. tiene buen voz en lo poco que escuché. Saludos de Canadá (mí esposa es Cubana e yo hice negocios en La Habana durante los 90's).

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 01:31:07 am »
Man, this Olympic Games are so distracting, didn't enter the forum several days because of it  :-//

Gracias! Suscrito ya. Me gusta algunos vid? de Abelardo Pardo, pero sobre todo, recursos latinos son escasos o peor, llena de bobería. Ud. tiene buen voz en lo poco que escuché. Saludos de Canadá (mí esposa es Cubana e yo hice negocios en La Habana durante los 90's).

Gracias Cliff!!!. Mi voz suena más joven de lo que soy, el micrófono filtra bastante los graves, en algún momento voy a comprar algo más decente.
Mujer Cubana!!! sos latino por adopción ^-^; bienvenido a todas nuestras idiosincrasias, altibajos emocionales, y una vida más "entretenida". Experiencia no te falta por lo visto.
Un abrazo para los dos!!!

Thanks Cliff!!!. My voice sounds younger than I'm really are, my microphone filters the low pitch a lot, I will get a more decent one sometime.
Cuban wife!!!, you are latino by adoption  ^-^; welcome to our idiosyncrasy, emotional up & downs, and a more "entertained" life. You are not lacking experience, evidently.
A hug for both of you!!!

Offline ale500

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 06:17:20 pm »
I didn't watch any of your videos yet but I have a question... do you speak Spanish or Castellano ? :), yo (yyyyo, no io), por ejemplo aprendí castellano, y vos ? ;-)

Siiii :), interfaz de comando !, y ventanita :). Excelente !!! Si, si, si, por fin algo en mi idioma !!!

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 11:40:54 pm »
I didn't watch any of your videos yet but I have a question... do you speak Spanish or Castellano ? :), yo (yyyyo, no io), por ejemplo aprendí castellano, y vos ? ;-)

Siiii :), interfaz de comando !, y ventanita :). Excelente !!! Si, si, si, por fin algo en mi idioma !!!

Si, si... ya sé que lo correcto es Castellano de Castilla y Aragón, joder tío. Pero muchos internacionalmente no saben la diferencia, y quería ser claro.
Además para ser específio es Castellano Río Platense  :D (sssho, cabasho, gasho, shuvia, posho) como se habla en provincia de Buenos Aires, aunque no tanto como en Ciudad de Buenos Aires; que sería porteño. Luego está el norteño, corretino-misionero, Cordobés....  :phew:

Esta semana no pude hacer nada, con suerte retomo a partir del Miércoles próximo.
Gracias Ale!!!

Loose translation:

Yep, I know the correct term is Castillian from the kingdom of Castilla and Aragón, come on brah. But a lot of people don't know the difference, and I wanted to be clear.
Moreover, to be specific is Castillian from the Rio de La Plata :D (we pronounce the "ll" the same as "y" and "sh"), as talked in Buenos Aires province; but not so much as in Buenos Aires City, which is porteño. Then you have different regional styles: northern, north-east, Córdoba (yup, is a new category just for them  :P )...

This week I couldn't make anything new, I will be back next Wednesday if I'm lucky.
Thanks a lot Ale!!!.

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 12:19:47 pm »
After some stop&go I continue with the second series of videos. I uploaded one yesterday and I will continue uploading 3 more during the week as I complete editing.

In Programateando #1 I give a quick view of the tools used, the purpose of the project (uart command line interface), and we write some code starting from a uart example for the msp430 launchpad, put it in different files (all provisional, we make some improvements on the way, not at all a polished final version), talk about different development tools and a little bit about workflow.

In Programateando #2 (the current one) I spend the first video speaking of SASE 2016, which is a 3-day event about embedded systems in Buenos Aires. The second one will show working with repositories (local and remote = GitHub). The 3rd we actually write some code (completing Fifo tests, we play with some self made assertion function). Finally the 4th is a debugging session.

So... I wonder, I could try to speak some broken English and upload that version. Those topics could be interesting to someone or do you think it will be a wasteful effort?. I guess the only real data will come if a do one first and see how it goes. Maybe the (not yet uploaded) repositories one could be a good test (more on topic, not so all-over-the-place like the others). The (will be) debugging session could be interesting, however is a little bit dependent of the code (I want to see how some code works, not all of it).
Anyway, I guess there is more info in English already, so if you think that it doesn't worth the effort at all let me know  :-//
On the other hand, if you see-jump some video (not in English) and like the style, that's also good information to me.
Cheers

Offline ale500

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 05:28:51 am »
Don't forget that broken/bad English is the most spoken language in the world ! :). Joke apart, you could put some subtitles instead, ans see how it goes...

Con respecto al porteño vs bonaerense, nunca me di cuenta de que sonaran distintos. Yo soy del oeste, quizá más en el interior de la provicia. Pero con los años que no estoy más ahí, no te sabría decir con precisión que es correcto que que no lo es. Nuestro dialecto es muy fácil de reconocer frente a los otros, y donde yo vivo muy raro.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf