Author Topic: Silabs C8051F5xx IDE Users?  (Read 1638 times)

Offline digsysTopic starter

• Supporter
    • DIGSYS
Silabs C8051F5xx IDE Users?
« on: April 19, 2017, 03:08:45 am »
This is a long shot, but worth a try. After 45+ yrs of coding, I'm afraid, the ol' memory is playing havoc (diabetes doesn't help either). I used to fly along with code.
I've used these series MPUs for a long time (my favourites, as per previous post), but have been away from them for 4 yrs.
Re-installed the Silabs IDE, and now confronted with all manner of weird errors ! The Silabs <> Keil IDS was always "buggy", and the licensing a mess, but it seems(?) it's worse now ?
I've tried the SIlabs forum, but answers are slow and short, and aren't helping much. All the techs we had, are all gone, or not available.
This is not a code rewrite, just need (paid) help working out the stupid errors and getting the IDE working properly. You'd need to be familiar with it though .. I'm open to suggestions.
The ideal would be a "local" who is also after part-time work (other projects), or technology exchange. PS: It is all assembler. No C allowed :-)
Hello <tap> <tap> .. is this thing on?

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
Re: Silabs C8051F5xx IDE Users?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 04:22:17 am »
I'm using silabs Ide with F350 series and is flawless everything just works perfectly, all trouble I have was my fault system is reliable and stable  My Setup is windows 10 64 GB I7 5960X

Offline digsysTopic starter

• Supporter
    • DIGSYS
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 09:25:15 am »
If I may ask - How long have you been using this series MPUs? What IDE setup do you have? Silabs IDE + Keil uVision? or the newer SimpleStudio etc
Do you write in C / Assembler / mixed? Do you use many .INC files?
I've used many of the MPUs for 10+ yrs, always had odd error messages, temperamental licensing issues, I just ignored them and they always worked.
After 4yrs away, somethings changed. Maybe default setups? Not sure.
Hello <tap> <tap> .. is this thing on?

Offline Cervisia

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 09:46:56 am »
This sounds as if you're trying to use an old project in a new IDE.
Assuming that it isn't possible to dig up the old IDE, the most reliable way to get it to work is to start with a new, empty project, and to re-add all the source files.

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 05:18:23 pm »
I forgot to mention Simplicity Studio is version 4, But I was working with prior versions all works, 8 bit 8051 derivatives including efm8, the typical project have something like 20 to 30 files, all based on an empty project.  The thing just works, and can even estimated power usage

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf