Author Topic: Simple dirty project for solving dog problems... :-/O  (Read 8140 times)

Offline RPBCACUEAIIBHTopic starter

• Contributor
Simple dirty project for solving dog problems... :-/O
« on: May 22, 2013, 12:24:41 am »
Hi all!

The problem is that my new room mate has a good for nothing small dog, keeps inside our room as he would be it's voluntary slave(the human stupidity never knows it's limits :palm:), and I hate dogs especially in house, but I don't really want to hurt it since I'm not a sadist, just driving it crazy, scaring the hell out of it, so that my room mate finally understands, that I don't want animals in the house even if the owner allows it...   >:D I already told him, to keep it tied outside, at least not in the room, since it's a house with big garden, but he says that "she"(as in the damned dog) would die tied outside! |O (What I obviously can't believe, and I would never talk about IT as a person... :P)

So knowing the problem please give me ideas, circuits, or even anything other preferably unnoticeable by human, that won't harm that woeful dog, but can be used as part of my a dog annoyment project. :-/O >:D

As for start I was thinking about an ultra sound solution, I have made some experiments but I have not found yet the right frequency that annoys the dog...
As a second solution(unfortunately visible), when I was a kid, I was scaring the neighbour's dog at night with a camera's blitz, so I know that a sudden bright flash will scare it, but I can only use that when the dog's "slave" is at work... >:D

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
Re: Simple dirty project for solving dog problems... :-/O
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 12:32:28 am »
Have you tried being a bit less easily bothered?
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

Offline andyturk

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 12:34:33 am »
Sounds like the OP is the one who should be tied up outside.

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 01:01:14 am »
Have you tried being a bit less easily bothered?

Well I tried, but it's "slave" can't even teach it to stay away from my stuff... It jums up to my bad, I can't tolerate that... Believe me this way is much less painful then the one I offered to my room mate... (Using my paralizing gas spray on it if once more it jumps up to my bad... :P)

:-+
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 01:05:56 am by RPBCACUEAIIBH »

Offline andyturk

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 01:09:33 am »
OP == "Original Poster", i.e. *you*.

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 01:12:07 am »
OP == "Original Poster", i.e. *you*.
Well I understand it as Owner Person as in the dog's owner... :P
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 01:14:32 am by RPBCACUEAIIBH »

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 01:12:54 am »
Oh for god's sake, just help train it to get off your bed. Should you have to do that? No, not really. But compromises are part of sharing a space. Grow up.

What do you think OP means?

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 01:16:50 am »
I don't really want to hurt it since I'm not a sadist, just driving it crazy, scaring the hell out of it

sadism, n. the tendency to derive pleasure, especially sexual gratification, from inflicting pain, suffering, or humiliation on others.

Alternately:

sadism, n. (2) a delight in cruelty
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 01:19:07 am by c4757p »

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 01:23:31 am »
Well I didn't know what OP really mean, and I won't kill you for your opinion, but my opinion is that animals should not be kept in house... Neither dogs nor cats, nor anything else... Outside I have nothing against animals. If you don't like what I posted go away and leave me be... It's for those who like this kind of posts...:P

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 01:25:50 am »
I see nothing wrong with your opinion that dogs shouldn't be kept indoors. That's your choice, of course. Personally, I don't want cats in my house - I enjoy the distinct lack of urine odor. But you want to exact revenge on a dog because its owner let it in the house. That is cruel and childish at best. It's not the dog's fault. If you want to annoy the piss out of the owner, I'd still probably think that's childish, but not cruel and sadistic. You're being an asshole.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 01:29:06 am by c4757p »

Offline Corporate666

• Supporter
  • Remember, you are unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 04:29:18 am »
Well I didn't know what OP really mean, and I won't kill you for your opinion, but my opinion is that animals should not be kept in house... Neither dogs nor cats, nor anything else... Outside I have nothing against animals. If you don't like what I posted go away and leave me be... It's for those who like this kind of posts...:P

You said you don't want dogs in the house, even though the owner of the building allows it.

The real answer is that you are not the owner of the building, so you don't make the rules.  If you want to make rules about what is and is not allowed in the building, then go earn some more money, buy a building, and then you can make the rules.

Until that time, your actions *are* sadistic, petty, immature, and passive-aggressive.  Grow a paid of balls and confront your roommate, or move out.  Being too afraid to settle it with your roommate and resorting to going on the internet to find ways to torment the dog belies some serious character flaws. I think you should get psychological help, or man up and grow a pair.

...and tormenting the dog is almost certainly illegal and you could face serious repercussions for doing so - as you should.
It's not always the most popular person who gets the job done.

Offline lapm

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 07:13:37 am »
Tells a lot about you that you consider torturing small dog. Personally i recommend trying those little things on yourself maybe it teaches some compassion and empathy for you.

Have you realized that poor dog has no choice in situation. Its the owner of dog that's to blame.

Electronics, Linux, Programming, Science... im interested all of it...

Offline stev.dk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 08:09:25 am »
Go wrap some unisolated wire round your balls, and plug it in mains. It'll really scare the hell out of the dog, when you fry yourself.
Crank it up till' everybody's ears are bleeding, then back off just a notch.

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 08:54:52 am »
Crap... this is what I get if I post something pissed...  |O No solutions, but a lot of sarcasm which makes me more angry... >:( Never mind, I won't search any more less painful solution, I think I just keep my given word, which means that I will use that gas spray on it... If I'm a childish sadistic asshole in everyone's opinion, then so shell it be! (I'm sure there are more, who won't talk to not make themselves ridiculous, but feel the same) What difference does it make? I can change my mind this time, but I can't change my way of thinking. Congratulations to all of you that have posted! You just condemned that little dog to a more painful fate... I shout up... >:(
Thanks for everyone!

This topic can be closed!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 09:00:59 am by RPBCACUEAIIBH »

Offline eKretz

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 08:57:25 am »
 |O

I doubt you will find many on your side on this one. Is there some reason you don't just close your bedroom door if you don't want the dog on your bed?

Hmm, upon re-reading, it appears that you sleep in the same room as the dog owner? That's interesting. The only thing I might recommend to you is to use a water spray bottle and squirt the dog if it gets on your bed. That will sometimes break them of bad habits. You could also keep a piece of newspaper and just crinkle/rustle it when the dog tries to get on the bed...that usually works well after a few times also. You can't blame the others for not wanting to help you to be cruel. If you had asked for a circuit that might make noise when it sensed the dog's motion on the bed to frighten it a wee bit you might have gotten a better response. When you sound like you want to impale or electrocute the dog and it's owner when they apparently aren't breaking the owner's rules, you can understand the negative response.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 09:03:50 am by eKretz »

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 09:03:43 am »
Teach the dog that it shouldn;t enter your space. There several ways to accomplish that. E.g make the usage of your space unpleasant for the dog. Loud noise when enters your room, loud ultrasounds (search for dog killer) etc.

If you use the same room with the owner, just throw the dog out of the room and close the door. Maybe you could legally discard the roommate and find another one.

Alexander.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 09:07:48 am by firewalker »
Become a realist, stay a dreamer.

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 09:15:01 am »
So knowing the problem please give me ideas, circuits, or even anything other preferably unnoticeable by human, that won't harm that woeful dog, but can be used as part of my a dog annoyment project.
This was in my first post... It is not clear enough? :-\
BTW thanks for the ideas... I appreciate that... and yes you understood well, we live in the same room.

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 11:28:59 am »
As someone who has had to repair electronics damaged by pets, I can sort of see what the OP feels.

Maybe something like an electric fence around your stuff might help.

Offline dr_p

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 11:46:43 am »
I don't think anything will solve this decently, except either the OP or dog+owner moving out.

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 02:38:05 pm »
I don't think anything will solve this decently, except either the OP or dog+owner moving out.

Yes... I thought about that too... the problem is that I'm here from October, he came about 2 month ago and was no problem with him, till he brought that dog about 2 week ago... Since then, I no longer feel safe... >:( The room is full of my stuff moving would be difficult, on the other side he has a bigger bag and the dog that's all... He is a man with a stable workplace now, I'm just a student with occasional smaller jobs but mostly sustained by my parents...

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2013, 03:28:01 pm »
ahh another interesting "annoying dog" project! coincidetally i just accomplished the latest project this afternoon (read on!) after the annoying dog keep scarying kids (including mine) passing by on cycles. yesterdays few female kids got scared the shit out to pass that lane. as someone here suggested, ultrasound beeper but i guessed its too "uncivilized" (or maybe difficult ee project for me), so i have better one today. as i bought few packs of firework from grey market few months ago to scare monkeys out of my garden (yes seriously i'm not kidding, stray monkeys from father, mother to sons and siblings and friends in one big family looking for food and mess around with my beanstalk farm). we light the firework (small stick like 1 inch length) and throw it somewhere (specifically in the same vector to the animal's direction), few seconds BOOM. so i did just that this afternoon on the damned dog. "it" went jump all over in panic for few seconds, ahh "amusement centre"! the owner opened the gate to let the cursed dog in, victory! if you want to be more "civilized" you may try "chemically devastating consumable food" or this...
Electric Automatic Cross Bow
please people. if you want to highlight how uncivilized i am, save your breath, keep it to something else ;) you dont have a clue of where i'm standing.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Rascal

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 03:50:46 pm »
I have in the past made and used ultra sonic deterrents with only limited success. Unfortunately the animal becomes use to the noise and eventually realises it poses no harm or risk.

Maybe you should get yourself a guard dog to protect your side of the room. And maybe a couple of air fresheners as well.

Offline Corporate666

• Supporter
  • Remember, you are unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2013, 04:06:02 pm »

Yes... I thought about that too... the problem is that I'm here from October, he came about 2 month ago and was no problem with him, till he brought that dog about 2 week ago... Since then, I no longer feel safe... >:( The room is full of my stuff moving would be difficult, on the other side he has a bigger bag and the dog that's all... He is a man with a stable workplace now, I'm just a student with occasional smaller jobs but mostly sustained by my parents...

Like I said, why don't you stop being a pussy and talk to the man face to face? 

If you have tried that and he ignores you, then he probably realizes what kind of person you are and chooses to ignore you.  Grow a pair of balls and deal with the man himself, rather than being a chicken and trying to take out your anger on a defenseless animal.

Oh, and grow up and move out from your parents support too - then you can decide who you live with and what the terms of that living arrangement are.
It's not always the most popular person who gets the job done.

Offline MacAttak

• Supporter
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 04:45:50 pm »
I'm very sorry I clicked to read this thread.

It takes a special kind of spineless scumbag to even consider taking out frustrations on a helpless pet. I can tell you that if I was your roommate and you did any of those things to my dog, you wouldn't make it to a computer to post about it on internet forums. Pets are like children to people who have them (and some of us have pets because we CANT have children). Think about the reaction a father has when his son/daughter are intentionally harmed.

This thread needs to be locked and deleted. You are asking for help with doing things that are morally objectionable at best, and very likely criminal in many parts of the world.

Offline Dave

• Super Contributor
  • I like to measure things.
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2013, 04:46:44 pm »
Am I the only one around here who would freak out, if a dog was jumping on my bed? It's disgusting to even think about that. >:(

But you guys are right about confronting the room mate. Tell him that you will not tolerate his dog jumping on your bed and touching your stuff. And if he ignores you, find some dog crap in the park and put it under his pillow. That should get the message through. >:D
<fellbuendel> it's arduino, you're not supposed to know anything about what you're doing
<fellbuendel> if you knew, you wouldn't be using it

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf