Author Topic: Small desktop AM transmitter (keri)  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Gip-GipTopic starter

• Contributor
Small desktop AM transmitter (keri)
« on: December 16, 2017, 03:22:01 am »
Just for fun and educational value I've started work on a small transmitter named after the Greek word for candle; keri!

It's primary goal is to provide a signal to the few AM radios I have around the house, and the secondary goal is to look good doing it! I plan to have the transmitter set up like a mini model antenna on a wooden base, which I think would be kinda neat.

I made a custom pure-sine-producing transmitter circuit and I would like to know how everyone thinks of it. I'm really new to designing circuits, let alone RF transmitters, but so is everyone who posts an AM Transmitter Tutorial bc the schematics are pretty ugly IMO.

However, if it turns out my design is utter trash I'll give in to the crappy online schematics :P

Schematic In attachments
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 08:52:26 pm by Gip-Gip »

Offline Gip-GipTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Small desktop AM transmitter (keri)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 06:10:45 pm »
I finished laying out the pcb just a few minutes ago and I must say it turned out to not be as ugly as I thought it was going to be  :phew:

Of course, that's from my perspective, and I'd really appreciate it if a professional is willing to give their opinion.

I ran the PCB through OSHPark because it looks far less ugly than a KiCad screenshot, but if someone really wants to go through the torture, I will provide...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf