Author Topic: Software & tips for Rigol DS2072 ( DS2000 / DS4000 / DS6000 UltraVision DSOs )  (Read 371462 times)

Offline EEngo

• Supporter
Thank you so much for sharing the software! :-+
Is there any chance to get it working with the MSO2000-series?
(I don't know if the LA function is of main interest but nevertheless it would be so nice to use the software for the analog channel data ...)

I would be glad to help and test with my scope  8)

Offline marchelh

Hi Marmad

Version 3 pre-release looks promising! Its response over USB is very good 20 to 30 wave-forms per second update feels like almost realtime.
Any progress on the version 3 code?

Regards,
Marchel.

Offline chillax

I would love to be able to use DSRemote with my DS2072 (not A), but when I pulled the latest and ran (v0.34_1702162027) and try to connect via LAN, I get the following error:

Received an unknown identification string from device:

RIGOL TECHNOLOGIES,DS2302,DS2A0000000001,00.03.05

I specifically got the latest firmware from Rigol.  Anything I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, chillax

Offline Karel

• Super Contributor
I would love to be able to use DSRemote with my DS2072 (not A), but when I pulled the latest and ran (v0.34_1702162027) and try to connect via LAN, I get the following error:

Received an unknown identification string from device:

RIGOL TECHNOLOGIES,DS2302,DS2A0000000001,00.03.05

I specifically got the latest firmware from Rigol.  Anything I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, chillax

No offence, but have you read the first two lines of the DSRemote website?
I quote from http://www.teuniz.net/DSRemote/:
DSRemote is a program to control and visualize your Rigol® DS6000 or DS1000Z series oscilloscope from
your Linux desktop via USB or LAN. It will probably work as well with the other series like DS2000A and DS4000 series but
I have no access to all those oscilloscopes so I can not test it.

Edit:
Appearantly your scope is not supported. If you have a look here: https://github.com/Teuniz/DSRemote/blob/master/mainwindow.cpp
at line 851 you'll find a function get_device_model(). When you scroll down you'll see the check for
the supported models.

You could try to change the line 1032:

Code: [Select]
if(!strcmp(str, "DS2302A"))
into

if(!strcmp(str, "DS2302"))
and see what happens.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 08:46:31 am by Karel »

Offline chillax

Hi Karel,

Thank you.  Yes, I had read the disclaimer and I was just wondering if anyone had gotten it to work with my series -- and if so, what steps I would have to complete until I could also use this seemingly great utility.

I made a new block as you suggested and I got further, but then new errors arose. 

Is there a programming guide (I see mentioned in various posts)?  The errors are related to reading the settings and it failing.

Thanks for any help,
-chillax

Offline Karel

• Super Contributor
http://int.rigol.com/Support/Manual/5

Apparently, your scope is out of production and isn't supported anymore.
You could write an email to Rigol support and ask if they can send you the Programming Guide for your model.

Anyway, it's a pain in the **s to support different models because almost every model has different operations.
Sometimes the commands for the same operation are different and sometimes the commands are equal but
uses different parameters, ranges or dimensions... And firmware updates usually breaks things again.
It's a big mess.

Offline KedasProbe

• Frequent Contributor
Looking for an updated version of 3.0 as this is an extremely helpful tool. All I want is the possibility to export to csv in this new version (need all the 4 channels)(there are no buttons available).

There is no 3.0 version yet that can capture all 4 channels on the DS4000 and export to CSV, although perhaps there will be in the not-too-distant future. But why can't you export the captured waveforms to CSV using the DSO itself?

Hi marmad,
At work we tried to use the application but also missing the 4 channels and the speed of writing it to USB is, well, I could probably write it down on paper faster. (makes you feel like you are busy wasting your time)
In the previous version we saw 4 channels but couldn't log, in version 3 we see only 2 channels and log 2 channel. (we want 4 channel log)
Do you want to sell the source code or make it a public project so we can make some modifications for 4 channels?
If not how long before you are able to add channel 3 and 4?

Thanks
Not everything that counts can be measured. Not everything that can be measured counts.
[W. Bruce Cameron]

Offline xenonart

Hello!

I apologize for bringing up this old topic again, but I couldn't find anything more recent that fits my question properly.

Paul - Check your PMs. I fixed the CSV write bug and compiled a working 3.0 version for you. As I mentioned, it's been over a year since I worked on RUU, but I hope to get back working in earnest on it in another month or so, since there are many new features which I already wrote the code for but haven't had the time to enable in the public releases.

Is this version still around somewhere? I did record thousands of recorded waveforms using a DS4024 and exported all of them as combined CSV yesterday (at least I thought I had). Unfortunately, exactly the same as mentioned here happened to me:

I am using the 2.03 release on a Rigol DS2102A [...] but when I try to save multiple frames (created by the "Record" function on the scope) in a csv format, frame #1 data is being replicated in the csv file for all subsequent frames despite the frame number incrementing (as well as the time stamp) in the file. I have gone through all of the different settings available on the 2.03 UI but nothing seems to work / address the issue.

Since exporting single waveforms to CSV on the scope takes forever, and the function is not even available in the Recording / Frames mode, this would be really helpful to have. To be more precise, I really need this function (desperately   ::)). Or, is there any other tool out that might fulfill this task?

Ingo

Offline Chalky

• Regular Contributor
Hey Marmad and others, FTI - I’ve been playing with LXI on the Rigol DS2000, faster and easier than going through the NI drivers, nothing to install l, just direct TCP.  All commands work the same.  Can post code/details if need it, but realise you may be doing this already!  Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Fabi

Hey everyone,

I used the  RUU 2.03 with my Rigol DS4014, but it always only saved 1400 points per channel (it did not depend on the pts setting on the scope). I need many more points since my pulses have roughly a FWHM of ~250 microseconds and the window has to be at least 1 ms.

I thought the software is not working properly with my DS4014, but when I extract the deep memory via ultra sigma and the SCIP panel control (analog to this example: https://rigol.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2285685-ds1000z-deep-memory-data-collection-example), the data is again only 1400 points long.

Any suggestions what the problem could be?

Offline Behemot

• Contributor
    • Hardware Insights
Anybody knows which folder and which MSI does actually contain the driver only of the humongous IVI pack of stuff I will never use? Tried installing like a dozen driver packages manually but no joy, only installing the whole damn thing installed the driver at about 10 %.

Seems like something else is needed anyways for the RUU to run properly. Is there a known list of dependencies for it to run?  :-DMM
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 11:29:59 am by Behemot »

Offline SteveDC2

OK, I KNOW this is a really old posting but yes... I would be interested in your work.

I have just started down this path and after a false start (due to old FW not behaving correctly on the Telnet port) I can talk to the scope reliably now, but before I embark on creating my own rendition I though I would check if others have any DS2000 series code that doesn't rely on the absolutely terrible NI drivers.

Regards,
Steve

Offline SteveDC2

"Hey Marmad and others, FTI - I’ve been playing with LXI on the Rigol DS2000, faster and easier than going through the NI drivers, nothing to install l, just direct TCP.  All commands work the same.  Can post code/details if need it, but realise you may be doing this already!  Cheers."

OK, I KNOW this is a really old posting but yes... I would be interested in your work.

I have just started down this path and after a false start (due to old FW not behaving correctly on the Telnet port) I can talk to the scope reliably now, but before I embark on creating my own rendition I though I would check if others have any DS2000 series code that doesn't rely on the absolutely terrible NI drivers.

Regards,
Steve
[/quote]

The following users thanked this post: Chalky

Offline Microdoser

• Frequent Contributor
Marmad hasn't logged in since September 16, 2018, 10:51:16 am.

I think they might be gone for good.

Offline Anthocyanina

• Frequent Contributor
  • The Sara
i've been looking at the software available for the dz1000z series and everyone seems to recommend marmad's software. it seems the link to it is dead, so i was wondering if anyone happens to have the files or knows where else i can find them?

thank you!

Offline trmntr

• Contributor
  • nice vibe
for the dz1000z series
Hello, have you found the software for your scope?

Offline Behemot

• Contributor
    • Hardware Insights
what are you looking for? RUU v2.03 is stored here in the forums itself :o

Offline p.larner

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
the ni page link in the first post says the sw is no longer available,where can i get it?.

Offline Chalky

• Regular Contributor
Hey sorry I missed this.  I think I filed my code in the round filing bin by mistake a few years ago.  I've starting re-writing some of the verrrry verrry basic bits.

Key parts are: Bare Visual Studio Community is all you need.  No drivers, dump all that NI/VISA bloat, at least for what I'm doing, LXI can do it all.  Good frame rates too.  See other threads in this forum for some Python scripts I think.

Kinda like this in VB.NET (but can put together better code if you want):

rem init
dim _client = New TcpClient(address, port)
_stream = _client.GetStream()

rem sub for sending a command
   Public Sub Execute(message As [String])
       Try
           If _client.Connected = False Then
               Stop
               _client.Connect(_address, _port)
               Threading.Thread.Sleep(100)
           End If

Dim sendBuffer = System.Text.Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(message & Lf)
           _stream.Write(sendBuffer, 0, sendBuffer.Length)
       Catch e As ArgumentNullException
           Console.WriteLine("ArgumentNullException: {0}", e)
       Catch e As SocketException
       End Try
   End Sub

rem function for reading:
 Public Function QueryText(message As [String]) As String 'Implements ISCPIDevice.QueryText
     Dim data As New List(Of Byte)
     Try
         If _client.Connected = False Then
             'Stop
             _client.Connect(_address, _port)
             Threading.Thread.Sleep(100)
         End If

Dim sendBuffer = System.Text.Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(message & Lf)
         'Dim stream = _client.GetStream()
         _stream.Write(sendBuffer, 0, sendBuffer.Length)
         Dim receiveBuffer = New [Byte](16384) {}

Do Until _stream.DataAvailable
             Threading.Thread.Sleep(1)
         Loop
         Dim lfFound = False
         Do
             Dim byteCount = _stream.Read(receiveBuffer, 0, receiveBuffer.Length)
             Dim bytes = receiveBuffer.Take(byteCount)
             data.AddRange(bytes)
             If bytes.Contains(10) Then
                 lfFound = True
             End If
         Loop Until lfFound
         ' _stream.Dispose()
     Catch e As ArgumentNullException
         Console.WriteLine("ArgumentNullException: {0}", e)
     Catch e As SocketException
     End Try
     Dim result = System.Text.Encoding.ASCII.GetString(data.ToArray())
     Return result
 End Function

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf