Author Topic: Migrating to Texas Instruments ARM from STM32  (Read 10470 times)

Offline audiotubes

• Regular Contributor
Re: Migrating to Texas Instruments ARM from STM32
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2024, 07:09:44 pm »
Sorry to resurrect this thread but has anyone in EU placed an order directly from TI? If so, did you get hit with custom fees, etc.. or the price shown is the total price?

Check for the incoterms. If they offer DDP, choose that, and it arrives painlessly. All the other incoterms will be expensive and come with various levels of hassle.

Check if Mouser has the parts you want, they do DDP and things arrive here at lunchtime on the second day after I order. I order Sunday night, FedEx brings the box on Wednesday around noon.
I have taken apart more gear than many people. But I have put less gear back together than most people. So there is still room for improvement.

Offline pope

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2024, 09:32:44 pm »
Sorry to resurrect this thread but has anyone in EU placed an order directly from TI? If so, did you get hit with custom fees, etc.. or the price shown is the total price?

Check for the incoterms. If they offer DDP, choose that, and it arrives painlessly. All the other incoterms will be expensive and come with various levels of hassle.

Check if Mouser has the parts you want, they do DDP and things arrive here at lunchtime on the second day after I order. I order Sunday night, FedEx brings the box on Wednesday around noon.

Thanks for the info. I use mouser quite lot and they do have the parts I need but they're almost 80% more expensive and that's why I'm debating whether it's worth getting them directly from TI.

Offline audiotubes

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2024, 03:45:33 pm »
Thanks for the info. I use mouser quite lot and they do have the parts I need but they're almost 80% more expensive and that's why I'm debating whether it's worth getting them directly from TI.

Yowza, that's terrible. Well, I ordered from TI many years ago and they also shipped DDP. If you get the right incoterms it should be a slam dunk given the price difference.

If they don't ship DDP then you have to decide based on how much tax and miscellaneous ransom you have to pay in your country. Here the 80% could turn out to be a wash. Our import situation is abominable.

Update: it looks good! On my TI account I see DDP is an option :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 05:13:22 pm by audiotubes »
I have taken apart more gear than many people. But I have put less gear back together than most people. So there is still room for improvement.

The following users thanked this post: pope

Offline mr ed

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2024, 12:34:35 am »
I would be extra careful with any company pulling out of big distributorship. It may, repeat may, be because of cash flow problems and its attempt to do its own distribution is to save money.

Offline Jeroen3

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded Engineer
    • jeroen3.nl
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2024, 08:48:24 am »
TI started doing this to be able to prioritize customers during the shortages. Not a cashflow problem, a cashflow opportunity.

bubblegum tap shoes

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf