Author Topic: Tektronix 465 Repair and Restoration  (Read 137132 times)

Offline Martini

• Regular Contributor
Re: Tektronix 465 Repair and Restoration
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2017, 04:47:39 pm »
Wow, thanks for posting this and great work! The Tek465 has always been the image in my mind whenever someone mentions a scope, and I finally found one on ebay (😬) for a very good price, non-working. Definitely a gamble as it doesn't power-on, so I'm hoping major components aren't pulled (😰)...but the price was too good to pass up-- fair enough for the spare parts if it's deader'n dead, at least. I'll post the condition when it gets here, and I'll start another 465 restore thread if the job can be done!
Nice, welcome in the family!

Offline pez.diSpencer

• Contributor
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 07:00:37 am by pez.diSpencer »

Offline lowimpedance

• Super Contributor
  • Watts in an ohm?
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2017, 12:55:51 pm »
Shame all the nice pictures from the beginning of the thread of the restoration are now all gone  :(.
The perils of external hosting ruining the intent of this thread. Even though its an old one, it has surfaced again but now missing important detail.

EDIT , Nice to see the original pics restored in all their glory and this thread now complete again.   Thanks Modemhead.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 12:37:36 am by lowimpedance »
The odd multimeter or 2 or 3 or 4...or........can't remember !.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2017, 07:44:05 pm »
Shame all the nice pictures from the beginning of the thread of the restoration are now all gone  :(.
The perils of external hosting ruining the intent of this thread. Even though its an old one, it has surfaced again but now missing important detail.
Yep, I thought so too and PM'ed the OP yesterday.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline j@cs

• If the led is on, it's soul is about to reveal ...
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2017, 01:00:56 am »
That's awesome job you did. I own one of these beauties and reading your post I decided to clean my tektronix 465. But, when I tried to remove the front panel I just couldn't remove the push buttom for 20BW limit, and also  the delay time position knob and the time scale knob.  :-// Can you show me the way?
Also, I bought my scope with some leds burned out or missing. The power led and the triggering leds are missing (are they incandescent lamps? Can I just solder a led on the board?) - Finally those leds from ch1 and ch2 rotary switch aren't glowing. Those I did't reach yet. Are they easy to be replaced?

Thanks a lot for you post and any help you can give me. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf