Author Topic: Rockville speakers with integrated DSP?  (Read 152 times)

Offline cncjerry

• Supporter
Rockville speakers with integrated DSP?
« on: July 08, 2018, 12:50:06 pm »
I've been playing around with ADI's adau1701 and 1761 and found some Rockville active speakers that claim to have an ADAU1701 board, probably for a crossover, filtering, etc.  I want to use the board to build a pair of active communications speakers for my IC-7610.  I also have a couple of other adau1701 boards I use with my RF down converter for typical SDR demod.  I am thinking of building a radio in a speaker with the adau1701 and a DDS with a small display on the side, volume, tuning, etc.  This assumes Rockville left the I2C interface on the adau1701 exposed, I don't know why they wouldn't.  So that's my question, I guess, has anyone played around with their active speakers?

Here's a candidate:

https://www.amazon.com/Rockville-APM5B-Powered-Monitor-Speakers/dp/B01LYAA0VW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531017769&sr=8-1&keywords=rockville+adau1701

Having access to the integrated DSP board and SigmaStudio would give you a pretty cool little setup.  I think SigmaStudio also has an active noise reduction algorithm (or you could code it up based on Frerking) and create an active communications speaker with intelligibility enhancements, noise reduction, bluetooth, etc for not much money.

Thanks,

Jerry

Offline b_force

• Frequent Contributor
    • One World Concepts
Re: Rockville speakers with integrated DSP?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 11:40:48 pm »
I am not familiar with this specific brand, but basically most brands use some kind of variation of the Sigma family (and mostly over engineered and over specd)

TI has and excellent DAC with onboard dsp but unfortunately their support and documentation is very user unfriendly.
In most cases it's very easy to load your own firmware in all of these dsp ic's.
"If you can't explain it simply (or at all), you don't understand it well enough." A. Einstein

http://www.oneworldconcepts.com/

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf