Author Topic: Transformer Design  (Read 950 times)

Offline EEVadityaTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Transformer Design
« on: May 28, 2018, 07:11:05 am »
Hello,

The attached document contains the Transformer Design specifications which I have given to Manufacturer.
Do I need to provide any other data or is this data sufficient for manufacturer?

Please guide.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
Re: Transformer Design
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 09:21:07 am »
Hello,

The attached document contains the Transformer Design specifications which I have given to Manufacturer.
Do I need to provide any other data or is this data sufficient for manufacturer?

Please guide.

Did you really talk to the manufacturer ? I mean really talk before you order from them or pay them ?  :palm:

Offline chris_leyson

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 11:11:31 am »
Looks like a design from Power Integrations, they really like using bifilar windings sometimes quadrifilar :palm: It will be cheaper and easier if you don't use bifilar windings on the primary side and why is the bias winding 25AWG ? I'm sure most manufacturers won't have a problem except for the bifilar windings of course, they will put the cost up.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 11:13:56 am by chris_leyson »

Offline oldway

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 09:38:14 am »
I have already manufactured 60Hz transformers (not ferrite) and I think there is a mistake in principle.

As the project is not done by the manufacturer, how can it be made accountable for the value of the primary inductance of the windings?

It should be asked a dozen prototypes without imposing the inductance, check if the value of the primary inductance resulting from the detailed manufacturing specifications is consistent with what is expected and only after that, specify the value of the primary inductance and the tolerance acceptable on this value.

The manufacturer is not responsible for any errors in the client's project

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf