Author Topic: uCAN and miCAN CAN-USB interfaces available on Tindie  (Read 11284 times)

Offline matkarTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Sixty percent of the time it works EVERY time.
Re: uCAN and miCAN CAN-USB interfaces available on Tindie
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2017, 08:44:45 am »
@eliocor
I might do that in a separate document. I could also prepare some sample projects like I already intended to.

@Jeronen3
It depends on the application. CAN-USB Basic tool does not allow this, but we are developing a service based application for CAN data displaying in separate GUI instances.
Here are printscreens of app current state.

Currently we have two adjustable widget controls (analogue (top left) and digital (bottom right) gauge) which can be multiplied and customized for creating a desktop dashboard. You can configure each widget separately and each widget feeds from a background service connected to uCAN or miCAN.

This app is functioning but still in development. No documentation exists for it but if someone is willing to test it in current state let me know.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 08:46:30 am by matkar »

Offline GeorgeOfTheJungle

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2017, 09:27:54 am »
I like it!

Does it look like a serial port to the computer? I see windows there, is it easy to use from Linux, say an orange pi or a raspberry pi for example?

I want one.
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.

Offline matkarTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Sixty percent of the time it works EVERY time.
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2017, 05:43:36 pm »
Yes, the computer sees the device as a virtual COM port. It is possible to use the device in Linux OS and embedded systems like rPi, but you have to develop the application yourself. Unfortunately I don't know much about Linux embedded programming (I've only done Windows CE embedded programming) but I can provide you with some sources to get you started. Let me know if you have a specific project in mind.

Offline GeorgeOfTheJungle

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2017, 08:34:10 pm »
Yes, the computer sees the device as a virtual COM port. It is possible to use the device in Linux OS and embedded systems like rPi, but you have to develop the application yourself. Unfortunately I don't know much about Linux embedded programming (I've only done Windows CE embedded programming) but I can provide you with some sources to get you started. Let me know if you have a specific project in mind.

Sounds good, I want one to play :-) You can contact me by email, click on my nick and you should see it (?)
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf