Author Topic: Proteus - Generators - Isolate Before  (Read 12192 times)

Offline hyprfrcvTopic starter

• !
Proteus - Generators - Isolate Before
« on: June 06, 2018, 05:02:09 am »
For Labcenter Proteus Professional 8.

Regarding the Isolate Before ckeckbox inside Generator Properties dialog box:

Isolate Before? - Specify whether or not a generator placed in the middle of a wire acts to 'break' the wire to which it is connected, isolating the net to which the generator points from the net behind it. The check box has no affect on a generator connected directly to a net by a single wire.

Do somebody used this?

Which is the sense of this?. It is currently implemented, actually?

i have tried several circuits, but while the Generator concept in Proteus is to introduce an ideal probe injecting (or sunking) energy, one should not take care about any "isolation" (breaking just in the probing point) at all.
When tried to used this, for looking how the feature "cuts" the cable, the simulation arise the error "Probe Object is Ambiguously Placed".
  • If i uncheck the "Isolate Before?" checkbox the error also is gone, back to normality.
  • If i connect the probe through a leading cable for solving the placing, the problem fixex: in other words, when connecting the source (sink) through a single cable, back to the case when one do not care if you cut the probing point cable or not: because it is an end already cut!.

Hence i realize this feature is totally worthless.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 05:07:42 am by hyprfrcv »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf