Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Microcontrollers / Re: How to identify MCU by it's pinout?
« Last post by PCB.Wiz on Today at 08:10:10 pm »
The actual mcu is burned out. I think of using some popular mcu to program it with recreated firmware.
I'm not sure that chinese mcu is compatible with my programmers, compilers.

How complex is the firmware ?

You can buy Holychip development tools, like this
https://www.chipsmall.com/Products/HC-LINK-HC89F0541-Demo-HC-PM51_Shanghai-Holychip-E_20059201.html
and this link from their home page
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a2oq0.12575281.0.0.4ace1deb5QqLDZ&ft=t&id=607238005144
Dodgy Technology / Re: 10ah 18650 cells
« Last post by SiliconWizard on Today at 08:09:00 pm »
seen some 10000mah lithium ion 18650 calls on ali,anyone tried any?

Yeah, to my shame I drunk-ordered 4 of those 10000mA/h cells out of curiosity. They weigh 22g, whilst my 2200mA/h cells weigh around 48g. From fully charged (4.2V) to empty (2.8V) at 100mA discharge rate, I measured them to be 350mA/h!!!!

Yes. :-DD
Test Equipment / Re: Choosing between entry-level 12-bit DSOs
« Last post by shapirus on Today at 08:04:59 pm »
Nothing automated, I stepped up 1MHz or 10 MHz at a time until the signal went wonky. Up to 841MHz was fine, it got goofier after that.
Try it with a sweep. It seems that it occasionally (maybe between steps) resets to the base 30 MHz frequency.
Test Equipment / Re: SDS800X HD Bug Reports + Firmware
« Last post by eTobey on Today at 08:03:44 pm »
Your idea of teamwork is that all of us do the work for you...

From eTobey's side, it might feel like he is doing work for Siglent? -- You have to grant it to him: He has found a surprising number of bugs and rough edges within a short time.

Frankly, I am kind of OK with the "division of labor". It would not be my thing to play around and try features in all sorts of combinations, hence I would not have found most of these glitches any time soon. On the other hand, I like to work systematically, try to reproduce things and reduce them to the simplest possible scenario. So why not divide tasks according to personal preferences and strengths?

If Siglent then does their part and works on fixing the issues -- which seems to be happening right now -- everybody benefits.
Amen!
The output does not match your code.
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS800X HD 12 bit DSO's
« Last post by BRZ.tech on Today at 08:02:37 pm »
Something interesting about the SDS800x HD is that the Time Base is in the time domain is separate from the Frequency Domain Time Base (FFT). This is only seen in the top models of class "A" manufacturers. Siglent has "arrived there"...
This is very interesting for the analysis of low amplitude RF signals.
I have verified, through articles and images, that the SDS1204X the two time bases are linked. To "see" the FFT, you need to multiply the time base in time domais by 1000, to be able to see the well-defined FTT ranges. In the SDS800X HD, it is separate. Including numerically marking the FFT peaks, and being able to edit which ones should appear in the "Peak Table" is exceptional.

If anyone can, please clarify whether other models od Siglent above the SDS800X HD have this possibility of having separate time bases.

The only "separate timebase" which comes into my mind is the timbase of a zoom window, because a zoom window has its own time/div. Can you explain where else you see "separate time bases"? The main time base (and the derived sample rate and record length) applies to both, time and frequency domain. You cannot set these parameters separately for time and frequency domain.

Note that the time/div value is irrelevant for the FFT anyway. What matters for the FFT are sample rate and number of points. However, with automatic memory management, you cannot set time/div, sample rate and record length independently, but they are linked. IOW, if you want to set a sample rate and record length suitable for a "nice" FFT, then you can only do that by adjusting time/div.

hi,
@gf
Thank you for commenting.
It may be that I didn't express myself well on the subject. I looked at this IMG from the @Performa01 manual, and noticed that the FTT time signal is superimposed with a sine wave. And in part it surpassed the compressed signal.
That's what I meant to say, with the wrong words.
You understood?

« Last post by KungFuJosh on Today at 08:00:50 pm »
The TinySA Ultra (as stated) is not the issue. I had clean signals up to 841MHz on my SDS2504X+.
With frequency sweeps?

Nothing automated, I stepped up 1MHz or 10 MHz at a time until the signal went wonky. Up to 841MHz was fine, it got goofier after that.
Test Equipment / Re: SDS800X HD Bug Reports + Firmware
« Last post by ebastler on Today at 07:59:53 pm »
Your idea of teamwork is that all of us do the work for you...

From eTobey's side, it might feel like he is doing work for Siglent? -- You have to grant it to him: He has found a surprising number of bugs and rough edges within a short time.

Frankly, I am kind of OK with the "division of labor". It would not be my thing to play around and try features in all sorts of combinations, hence I would not have found most of these glitches any time soon. On the other hand, I like to work systematically, try to reproduce things and reduce them to the simplest possible scenario. So why not divide tasks according to personal preferences and strengths?

If Siglent then does their part and works on fixing the issues -- which seems to be happening right now -- everybody benefits.

Metrology / Re: Ultra Precision Reference LTZ1000
« Last post by floobydust on Today at 07:56:48 pm »
I stumbled onto a PCN 23_0011 14-Jul-2023 related to the LTZ1000 die-attach, it appears they use 90-106 micron soda lime solid glass balls for it. Makes sense as thermal insulator and the die rides a cushion of glass balls for minimum stress I guess?
"Current Glass Sphere supplier has informed ADI that they will no longer provide this material. ADI is qualifying a replacement Glass Sphere material supplier, COSPHERIC to be used at LTZ1000 Manual Die Attach process."
Product: SLGMS-2.5 90-106u, #130803-200.
« Last post by shapirus on Today at 07:52:05 pm »
The TinySA Ultra (as stated) is not the issue. I had clean signals up to 841MHz on my SDS2504X+.
With frequency sweeps?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next