Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Vintage Computing / Re: Tandy 1100fd, What LCD does it use?
« Last post by EEVblog on Today at 12:11:08 am »
I used to own one. I think I still have the technical reference manual somewhere in the bunker.
IIRC it was a twisted nematic hitachi chipset.
found some info here.
if you find the time, can you open, and measure the STN LCD-panel size?

Sold it a long time ago. I think I still have the technical manual.
Repair / Re: Artesyn LPT42 SMPS repair
« Last post by asis on Today at 12:10:13 am »
Hi,

There is a similar PSU.
The most vulnerable components are highlighted in red.
If you are not completely sure that all components are in good working order, connect the PSU through a household incandescent lamp (NOT LED).
EEVblog Specific / Re: EEVblog 1610 - Deye Hybrid Solar Inverter
« Last post by EEVblog on Today at 12:09:09 am »
I've done a quick markup of the mainboard layout too if anyone is interested. I can also help with a more detailed reverse engineering when you get the disassembled boards - especially around some of the hairy details if you want to deep dive things like conversion topologies, purpose of specific components etc.

Thanks. I'll post high res photos when I get to this.
Beginners / Re: Flux Categories
« Last post by MathWizard on Today at 12:06:16 am »
My current jar of cheap ebay stuff, it's like rosin mixed with wax. Trying to solder with, it's pretty weak stuff so it's pretty lousy, but rarely have to worry about shorts with it. So anytime I have to work on SMD IC's, or something I can't easily clean, I use this.

The other stuff I use, MG Chemicals 8342 RA rosin, it's great for eating corrosion and wetting, but it has to be well cleaned off afterwards. There's not much issue with large solder balls, but it can leaves a conductive residue, and it spits and crackles everywhere. I've had it get under traces, and mess up a PCB I solder on too many times.

On PCB's or protoboards, if I really want them clean, I use a toothbrush, ISP alcohol, and then soapy water. But yeah, I'm afraid too use that good stuff on chips and certain SMD stuff. I need to find something in between.
Test Equipment / Re: Hacking the Rigol MSO5000 series oscilloscopes
« Last post by BTO on Today at 12:02:41 am »
Il.just post here that I did the static IP thing on my scope and the script still didn't work for me. The other method with the local upgrades works fine though sood the script doesn't like your setup you can do the local upgrades as a fall back

I'm curious though, and, You've done DrMephisto's method.
it seems like it would be a good path to take considering that we don't need to do further patches. However, mate. in your opinion...
Why do you think it's not working for so many ?
You said
the script doesn't like your setup
However, if it's a method that works , it shouldn't matter what the script likes or not.
I've really been thinking about this and if it works for say 1 in every 10 people then it's not worth the risk is it .

Even if i try it as i suggested, and let's say it works for me, that's still not a high probability that it'll work for someone else.
Unless i could do something like prove for the next 10 people in a row (as a min.) with a video demo that it works, then ok.
but i think at this point it's just less headache to get to the next update and then patch at that point.

if however a better solution exists at that point, then.. Cool
but for now, i think the local upgrade option is the one that works the best, but i am curious why the other way doesn't work with a high
success rate.
you should say what CAD package was used in the design.
And whether you have the source files, or just the Gerbers
« Last post by BTO on Yesterday at 11:54:41 pm »
Il.just post here that I did the static IP thing on my scope and the script still didn't work for me. The other method with the local upgrades works fine though sood the script doesn't like your setup you can do the local upgrades as a fall back
Exactly, Seppletronics had the same problem he's now upgraded through the local upgrade successfully
« Last post by BTO on Yesterday at 11:53:20 pm »
It shows that I have 9 remaining attempts, I can not reinstall the old keys, maybe because I have overwritten the FRAM with the option -r, which was a huge mistake.

Can someone please help me please, I'm stuck and I really do not know what to do now.

Thanks a lot, Best Regards, Seppeltronics

Was having the same problem. In my case, I had to setup a static IP on the scope and on the PC and connected both directly (no switch or router in between) and after that the script run flawlessly.

Hi Reztek
Mate, don't give yourself a headache ok
Seppletronics literally had the same problem you just did and was up shit creek and knee deep in trouble

SEPPLETRONICS IS SAVED AND UPDATED AND ALL OPTIONS UNLOCKED

Go to this link
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/post-hacking-rigol-mso5000-post-hacking-tutorial-deep-dive/

download the .zip upgrade file
download video #2

But in summary,
Just download the files and run through the steps 1 by 1,  since seppeletronics , Thorstormlord and many many others before you
have done the same thing and been successful, i don't see why it won't work for you either.
if you have trouble let me know, but i imagine you're going to come back in the next post and say , thanks very much it worked.

so go do that and then come back and tell us how happy you are   LOL
Just an FYI note, usually to utilise the ADC to SPDIF out, it needs to be routed via USB to the PC then sent out again, so you need an active PC/controller to complete the loop.
Metrology / Re: WinGPIB - Windows GPIB App (multi-purpose)
« Last post by Rax on Yesterday at 11:52:35 pm »
I've been trying to install this and getting stuck at the same step every time (this usually takes place months apart). I run the msi and there's no prgram anywhere on the x86 or the other Program Files folder.

Also, I'm not sure what I need to do with the "Version 3.143 and over requires MCP2221DLL-M-dotNet4.zip which is available in the downloads if you are updating." There's a dll in that zip, and just stating "it's required" gives no indication where the dll needs to be dropped.

This is on a Windows 10 Pro system.

Thank you very much for assisting with this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next