Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Microcontrollers / Re: CH32V003 using I2C mpu6050
« Last post by jlsilicon on Today at 12:34:58 am »
No, still no result.

I2C_Send7bitAddress( I2C1, 0x68, I2C_Direction_Transmitter );
//      I2C_Send7bitAddress( I2C1, (0x68>>1), I2C_Direction_Transmitter );
Microcontrollers / Re: RIP Z80
« Last post by brucehoult on Today at 12:32:33 am »
But since almost nobody doing that is posting here (not allowed to, for a start) we are talking mostly about lower volume stuff.
You'd be surprised. A number of people here either work or used to work in high volume stuff.

I'm on the software side, not the chip/board side (though I do interact with those people from time to time), but ... would you consider Galaxy S / Galaxy Tab high volume? And the TVs. A lot of my work is in those. Well, and some upstreamed into generic Android too. And Firefox for that matter, but that was long ago.

Back in, say, 2016, we prototyped a lot of stuff on Pi 3 and Odroid C2 (and the 32 bit but fast XU4 before that) before trying it on Google phones, and only finally on prototype Samsung ones. Now the latest things are being developed on VisionFive 2.
Repair / Re: Rigol DP712 Output Shorted; Fuse? / I Screwed Up
« Last post by thm_w on Today at 12:32:03 am »
I don't think you're an idiot. The video is deceptive and says charge "relatively safely". You can see the discussion in the original forum post: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/blog/eevblog-919-how-to-charge-li-ionlipo-batteries-with-a-power-supply/50/

I don't think its safe and I now would only use a proper two quadrant supply or one with specific charging output (RD6006). If I didn't have those then the diode on the output.

The "right" way I guess would be to turn on the PSU first at a voltage just at the battery voltage. But again, I would not do that, its just unnecessary when a diode can be used.
General Technical Chat / Re: Cable Management
« Last post by Halcyon on Today at 12:17:04 am »
Since I don't have a proper "lab" as such, the only storage space I have is at home.

I do have a dedicated storage/server room (which is essentially just a study converted into that purpose, so I can just close the door and not hear/see anything). Cables which aren't used frequently are in storage tubs or archive boxes in said room, each labelled neatly.

More frequently used cables (like USB, adapters etc...) are in those open electronics parts bins inside the wardrobe in my office.

Very frequently used cables are in the drawers next to where I work.
Microcontrollers / Re: SD Card reliability in SPI mode
« Last post by thm_w on Today at 12:11:59 am »
OP: what brand and model of microsd card? Where was it purchased from?

I've used in a similar manner and card lasted for years. Power was always on unless the device was turned off. Which sounds the same as your scenario, but, not completely clear how often you are turning the device off.

Are you writing to the same area or adding more data to an existing file?
Most of SD cards don't have wear leveling, so if you're always erasing/writing to the same sectors the SD will wear out pretty fast.
There're some embedded-friendly filesystems supporting wear leveling, like littlefs.

Fairly sure any recent major brand microSD cards would have wear leveling implemented: https://forums.sandisk.com/t/which-sandisk-cards-support-wear-leveling/34679/4
But good idea to use something like littlefs, unless OP wants to implement a battery or supercap to guarantee safe shutdown.
FPGA / Re: Help on translate schematics to Verilog.
« Last post by BrianHG on Yesterday at 11:50:43 pm »
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/verilog-shift-register-question/msg5448701/#msg5448701

You may define a 'wire y' before my examples, or, change my 'assign' into a 'wire' as 'ataradov' illustrated above.
Repair / Re: Rigol DP712 Output Shorted; Fuse? / I Screwed Up
« Last post by zanfar on Yesterday at 11:48:25 pm »
I ordered the replacement parts, and I've been re-reading the posts here:

You connected the battery to PS which was switched off and all the possible current passed to this thyristor.

By this, do you mean that had I turned the PS on first, then connected the battery, I may not have blown the diode?

I'm not sure which order I operated, nor am I now sure of which order the video showed. I'm not planning on trying again, just curious and trying to understand.
Other Equipment & Products / Re: Any opinions on the Aixun T420D?
« Last post by Astray on Yesterday at 11:42:52 pm »
This is exactly what I was looking for! Any chance you could make it this a bit more detailed by highlighting changes you made in all photos and explaining why you did what did?

I would like to better understand the mechanism/circuitry used for the station that allows it to detect when the handle is attached to the stand makes the handle go into sleep mode.

Also I'm impressed you were able to get the device for so cheap. The cheapest I could find before aliexpress coupons was $210 for a T420 with single C245 handle.

Did you purchase a C115 handle version (T405) (which I saw for around $170 on the store you mentioned) and then bought a separate C245 handle?
Repair / Re: Simpson 260 series 6 repair
« Last post by flashthunder on Yesterday at 11:38:46 pm »
I am using a 50ua constant current source and injecting into the 50ua jack. I have checked the diodes (both good) and also disconnected the varistor. I have @260mv across the movement and I can change that voltage via the R2 potentiometer, however I just cannot seem to get full scale deflection with 50ua. At this point I am thinking that possibly the magnet has lost some of its magnetism as the meter will fully deflect, but only with 56-57ua.
Security / Re: Microsoft repackages apps with a telemetry .NET wrapper
« Last post by SiliconWizard on Yesterday at 11:37:05 pm »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next