Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
If anyone is going to order the 10 boards, I will buy some off of you.  :-DD

At a price of 5$, for real PCBs, with soldermask and silkscreen, you should just order them yourself directly, and you get 10 of them.

Send this 'CAM for Subwoff_PCB_2018.zip' file to the PCB maker: http://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/free-subwoofer-audio-processor-project-for-forum-members/?action=dlattach;attach=398453

It has everything they need.

This PCB is 2layer, 10cm x 7cm.  10mil trace, 10mil space, 20mil drill.

Inside the 'CAM for Subwoff_PCB_2018.zip', in the Gerber output folder, the files has the layer description on the films.
In the NC Drill Output, you have the drill files.
Test Equipment / Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Last post by neo on Today at 12:40:14 PM »
Looking at your creation in horror, realizing it has surpassed you?  :-DD
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

Now, now lets not take TEA THAT far... yet  >:D
Presumably you want simpler and cheaper.  You can get the former, but not both together.  Keep that in mind.
i thought simpler is cheaper.

Higher quantity is cheaper. ;)

Example: compare the minimum price of an ARM Cortex M0 to an ATxmega.  The latter is 1/4th the bus width, so it should be simpler, right?

Or even just between ARMs; ATSAMs cost more than STM32F0s.

Sure, it's unclear if the sale price is due to OEM costs (development, documentation, support, budgeting), but you can guarantee which one is selling more.

Or compare to a PIC, or most 8051 cores, which are immensely popular.  8051 will probably outlast humanity, it's... the bacteria of CPUs.

i saw TL494 is used in most car audio amplfier to drive toroid transformer to produce dual rail output from 12V battery. this kinda neat idea i want to implement in my circuit. some of the audio board (smaller one iirc) dont utilize the error amplifier they just let the pins disconnected, usually its used for (overload? or short?) protection. since my circuit is low power, i dont need protection. only one audio board utilize it as feedback system ie PWM based on output voltage, but mostly run in full banana, which i dont see much problem with it. i like it because its simpler less component count and traces to route and much independent. my system will be 3.7 - 5V input, ±10-15V output if i cant find any off-the shelf dc-dc converter that meet this spec, i'm going to wind my own toroids. :-\

Oh, there are hundreds, no problem there.

The cheapest DC-DC converters are nothing more than two transistor "chopper" circuits, who needs an IC?

Tim
General Chat / Re: Cleaning digital musical keyaboards
« Last post by Cerebus on Today at 12:34:13 PM »
Often those covers are on a removable frame. If so, just take them off (still on the frame) and wash them gently in the kitchen sink. The 'cloth' is usually synthetic (on anything less than 50 years old) and doesn't absorb water.

To dry, place flat on a towel and dab the reverse side with another towel until you've got it reasonably dry, then just let time do the rest.

I've done this successfully a fair number of times with no mishaps. Removes dust, spilled coffee and cigarette smoke residue. The first time I tried it was with covers so far gone that I couldn't damage them further and if it hadn't worked I'd have just recovered them. As it was, they came up spick and span and are still good to this day after a couple of further washes..

Just take a good long look at the materials used for them beforehand, and if you've any doubts try wetting a corner of a folded-over piece as a test before you get fully stuck in.
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
General Chat / Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Last post by rsjsouza on Today at 12:31:59 PM »
BravoV, thanks for sharing these. I have a sweet spot for power electronics in general, with a special place in my heart for large passives: transformers/inductors, capacitors and power resistors.
Test Equipment / Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Last post by neo on Today at 12:28:43 PM »
Speaking as someone who has moderated over 3 decades on USEnet, IRC, Groups, FB, and dozens of private forums devoted to various tech, hobbyist and entertainment subjects, one thing I've found is that a broad tolerance for OT, Stream of Consciousness, and Following Tangents type content are absolutely critical to keeping a forum alive, and serve to make that forum interesting long after the titular subject matter has been well used up and core content has been repeated so many times that the regulars know it by rote.

Allowing a long leash while still maintaining a zero-tolerance for hatefulness, personal attack and trolling is what makes folks feel at home, so they feel like they can be themselves, and that is what makes them willing to share knowledge, insights, humor and expertise gained over a lifetime. This is what makes for a rich experience that rewards the reader and makes them want to join in, and that is how you feed the living, breathing entity that is any good forum.

Agreed. This thread has done well in this regard (thank goodness), sometimes going here and there, but coming back on track before going off the deep end.

Much as I love this thread and those who hang out here some of the content is deserving of it's own thread as here bounces RANDOMLY all over the place. Threads like this lose valuable content like the link to the HP cross reference I posted yesterday because I didn't know of the thread Tautech reposted it in.
Then it's a good thing some are keeping an eye on precedings here !  :P

That's precisely why I started that thread and in short time it got sticky'ed due to its value.
The various 'net search engines can mostly find what you seek if you're inventive enough with keywords but some of the archives never show up in searches and you have to go and check through then each.  ::)

Curating and moderating a thread is the other half of keeping it alive; this needs people like you who are genuinely interested in the subject matter, and who have a lot of patience.

Thank you, and all those like you, who take on this daunting task.  I know from personal experience just how huge the personal expenditure involved can be. I also know how rewarding it can be, but this kind of reward requires a certain breed of err... eccentricity to fully appreciate.  :clap:

Very true. I second the thanks to everyone who help to keep the thread in good health.

In approximately 20 pages, this will be the second-longest thread on the forum.  :o It's practically a sub-forum of the Test Equipment forum.

Hey how did you get the 20W value? Vout is 18V so using P=V^2/R ( R would be the speakers so 8 ohms) i get around 40W.
Sorry, I said 20V peak awhile back. A problem with this website is that I cannot scroll back to see the schematic like on all the other amplifiers on all the other websites.
18V peak into 8 ohms is 40.5W peak which is 20.25W continuously just before clipping. Is this the amplifier powered from plus and minus 22V?

Also can u give me a link to a compatible speakers? I cant find any, the ones amazon has are all USB powered.
USB does not drive a speaker, it charges the battery in a low power portable speaker that already has a power amplifier in it. You need an 8 ohm speaker that survives 20W continuously.
Madisound has expensive speakers and Parts Express has a variety of speakers. Maybe you need a 20W 8 ohm 8" diameter guitar speaker. It must be mounted in an enclosure that matches its detailed spec's.
Speaking as someone who has moderated over 3 decades on USEnet, IRC, Groups, FB, and dozens of private forums devoted to various tech, hobbyist and entertainment subjects, one thing I've found is that a broad tolerance for OT, Stream of Consciousness, and Following Tangents type content are absolutely critical to keeping a forum alive, and serve to make that forum interesting long after the titular subject matter has been well used up and core content has been repeated so many times that the regulars know it by rote.

Allowing a long leash while still maintaining a zero-tolerance for hatefulness, personal attack and trolling is what makes folks feel at home, so they feel like they can be themselves, and that is what makes them willing to share knowledge, insights, humor and expertise gained over a lifetime. This is what makes for a rich experience that rewards the reader and makes them want to join in, and that is how you feed the living, breathing entity that is any good forum.

Agreed. This thread has done well in this regard (thank goodness), sometimes going here and there, but coming back on track before going off the deep end.

Much as I love this thread and those who hang out here some of the content is deserving of it's own thread as here bounces RANDOMLY all over the place. Threads like this lose valuable content like the link to the HP cross reference I posted yesterday because I didn't know of the thread Tautech reposted it in.
Then it's a good thing some are keeping an eye on precedings here !  :P

That's precisely why I started that thread and in short time it got sticky'ed due to its value.
The various 'net search engines can mostly find what you seek if you're inventive enough with keywords but some of the archives never show up in searches and you have to go and check through then each.  ::)

Curating and moderating a thread is the other half of keeping it alive; this needs people like you who are genuinely interested in the subject matter, and who have a lot of patience.

Thank you, and all those like you, who take on this daunting task.  I know from personal experience just how huge the personal expenditure involved can be. I also know how rewarding it can be, but this kind of reward requires a certain breed of err... eccentricity to fully appreciate.  :clap:

Very true. I second the thanks to everyone who help to keep the thread in good health.

In approximately 20 pages, this will be the second-longest thread on the forum.  :o It's practically a sub-forum of the Test Equipment forum.
Beginners / Re: Op Amp
« Last post by rstofer on Today at 12:23:09 PM »
I may have missed it but did you specify exactly which package you are using?  If so, my bad...  Skip the rest!

In any event, the pinout for the PDIP would be the center image and it is, by far, the more common package.

The datasheet makes a reference to another device as justification for the bizarre pinout on the S8 package.  Kind of like "we screwed up before and we thought we would do it again".
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next