Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Just to be clear, no antennas were attached. The sweeps labeled 'load' were the reference dummy load only.
I'm just interested in the feed lines themselves.
Had a look on your site - can't tell what it is you can open.

Is there a list I'm missing?

Also - do you have a fund-me page or similar?  Would like to kick some coin in to help.
Another +1 for Irfanview.

If you just want a picture viewer, then it's fine - but there is a whole lot more you can do with it ... if you want.

One of my favourites is batch processing.  Want to resize and watermark 1,000 images?  It takes less than a minute to set up and then start the batch - and go do something else.
Not trying to adjust anything at this point.  I agree that the pincushion doesn't get that bad on it's own without something failing.

Having said that, What about the thermistor thp601 for the degauss circuit? Is it possible that it's bad?  I have no idea what the value of it is though. It has TDK 150M 7802 written on it, and it's a 3 pin PTC thermistor . It looks like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/sony-ptc-1-808-059-32-150m-tdk/263729650589?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D52475%26meid%3D0ec0e57cbe8146bc8fdac3d1104505d2%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D271255653920%26itm%3D263729650589&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850

I can't find a datasheet for it at all.
EEVblog Specific / Re: 4K Video Editing PC Build
« Last post by EEVblog on Today at 10:26:11 am »
I have been in the movie business for decades.....that may be the silliest thing yet. Here in Hollywood.... 4k is overkill for most everything. Beyond that, it is only useful for bkg plates and visual effects elements.
YouTube videos? Just plain funny to bother.

Countless people have said it's a big improvement in video quality. Not just in 4K but in 1080p and lower.
EEVblog Specific / Re: EEVblog #1098 - 4K Video Editing PC Build
« Last post by EEVblog on Today at 10:24:04 am »
...and that's why your build makes absolutely zero sense. You went with the expensive X299 platform, who's major benefits are the ability to use high core count processors and massive amounts of IO. Then you absolutely gimp it with with a low end, but expensive 8 core processor, that doesn't even allow all of your PCI-E slots to operate at their rated speed.

I don't need the other PCI-E slots.

Finally you topped it off a low-end budget power supply and a GeForce 1050. It'd be fine if you had actually gone with a CPU to justify the x299 platform (The HCC 10+ core parts), but you didn't.

And a more expensive PSU would have gained me what exactly?

You could have moved "down" to the Intel Z370 platform, gotten an MSI Z370 A-Pro, an i7-8700 and saved $300. You would have retained 85% of the multi threaded CPU performance, with much better single threaded.

Before you complained my processor wasn't fast enough, now you are complaining that I bought too high end a processor. Do make up your mind.

That $300 could have gone towards a better power supply, and a GeForce 1060, which might actually have tangible benefits for someone using GPU acceleration.

1) I *already had* the GTX-1050
2) The GTX-1060 would have made no difference. The encoding is done using the NVENC hardware in the Pascal chipset which is identical on all the GTX-10xx boards.

It's not an AMD vs Intel thing, or a low vs high budget thing, or a favorite-brand-fanboy thing. You're a respected part of the electronics community, and many people take things you post very seriously. You post a video with a poorly researched, poorly planned PC build with a component configuration that just doesn't make sense given what you're trying to do. You spent way more money than you had to for your given performance. People are rightfully calling you out for it.

You can "call me out" all you want.
Beginners / Re: Please need help to calculate gain from circuit.
« Last post by b_force on Today at 10:20:28 am »
Yes, 25 sounds about right.

Thanks a lot, so it is about 25Vpp out pr channel?
Does that not sound as about 36W out?

EDIT: the transformer are 26V-0V-0V-26V on the schematic, it is about 80W out, why?
What's the load impedance?

For a sine wave, the RMS power is equal to half the peak power, so with a 4Ohm load: P = V2/(2R) = 252/(2*4) = 625/4 = 78W.

A 26V transformer will output 36V, after losses in the rectifier, so 25V peak out seems reasonable.

I doubt it'll be able to output full power continuously, as the smoothing capacitors aren't big enough, but the output transistors will probably overheat too, at that power level. It's also not a problem, since peak power occurs typically less than 10% of the time, even at full volume.
Ehm, well better is the use to divide the rail voltage (which is the peak voltage of the sine wave) by the square root of two (= 1.41).
Which is obviously the same as the Rms value of the AC voltage (minus some losses), so in this case 26Vrms.
(26^2)/8 = 85W @ 8ohm or 170W @ 4ohm (the rail voltage is 26 * 1.41 = 36.7V)

However, with Class-AB amplifiers it's not uncommon to give a lot more headroom in the rail voltage.
The efficiency of a AB stage is about 60-70% at most, so that means that transistors will dissipate around 50W @ 4ohm.
That's quite a lot, so that makes me think, including the low amount of capacitive storage, this amp is suitable for 8ohm or higher.
The original poster said the output voltage is 25V peak, so the output power will be 78W into a 4Ω load or half that into an 8Ω load, irrespective of the supply voltage.
Well, he said a 26V transformer.
But anyway, it doesn't matter.

Nothing is wrong here, I only wanted to point out that it helps to calculate the voltage, instead of dividing the power by two.
Both methods obviously work, but if someone is going to bridge an amplifier for example, it shows better that de power goes with a factor of two.
General Chat / Re: Best virus protection software out there
« Last post by Halcyon on Today at 10:20:10 am »
Common Sense Internet Security 2018

I know this is a joke, but even experts can get stung. Not running some even basic virus protection is just asking for trouble.
Repair / Re: HP 34401a DMM with leaking segments
« Last post by qu1ck on Today at 10:18:17 am »
All right, here it is. Behold: the secret feature unveiled :D

That's right. It's a 240 positions resolution, 20fps bar graph. Supports signed and unsigned measurements.
For high fps you have to switch to 4 digit mode. In 5 and 6 digit modes you get 2-3 fps. You can see fps counter in top right on the display.

Pic of an unsigned measurement:
Repair / Re: Fluke 87V Screen Polishing
« Last post by joeqsmith on Today at 10:16:22 am »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next