Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
 :)
Hi..
I also installed win98, but the PCI Device Driver does not work properly.
Is there no way?

The photo shows the installed version.
This is a driver error in XP.
Metrology / Re: Null Detector based on Conrad Hoffman design check
« Last post by hozone on Today at 08:23:45 am »
In a couple of weeks I think I'll take this PCB to production, I'll keep you updated.
General Technical Chat / Re: Aliexpress dodgy GST tax
« Last post by pcprogrammer on Today at 08:22:06 am »
On a side note global sales tax sounds more honest than value added tax. The tax does not add real value to an item,

That is not what it means.

VAT means a tax on the value an entity adds to goods.  E.g. if you pay $10 for some parts, pay someone $2 to assemble them into some novel thing, and sell it for $20 then you have added $8 of value and you'll be taxed on $8.

That may have been the initial idea behind it and sounds better than how it seems to be used. Because when I look at a bill from something I buy, I see the price without tax and the percentage of tax, which varies from 0 to 20%, at least over here in France, and the total I have to pay. In NL the max is 21% for as far as I'm up to date.

Some foods are taxed at lower rates, and I recently found that for anything concerning renewable energy is taxed at 5.5%

When I ran my own business I had an hourly rate and on top of that I charged at that time 20% of VAT (BTW in NL), which at the end of a quarter I had to fork over to the state. On the other hand any VAT I paid on goods or service for the business I could subtract from the amount I had to fork over, or even receive back if it was more than what I collected.

Has been subject for fraud, and probably still is, with the moving around of money in some way.

We live in a world where total tax has never been as high as it is now. And it still ain't enough for their needs.  :palm:
Beginners / Re: Help identifying component, Voltage regulator?
« Last post by Sol on Today at 08:21:46 am »
Hello, maybe this TPS76316DBVT?
Does the pin diagram match or not?
General Technical Chat / Re: Baltimore Francis Scott Key Bridge collapse
« Last post by Jeroen3 on Today at 08:21:12 am »
Given all the difficulty of having to match phases, wouldn't HVDC make more sense nowadays? And/or just stick to hydraulics for the big mechanical stuff?
Yes and no. Matching phases is easy, we're doing for decades. The gear is there, you can buy DEIF, Woodward, Deep Sea controllers for it. Standard gear. DC is not standard. It requires inverters, and those are complicated and dangerous. They require complex control theory and software. Where you can manually keep spinning copper in check if you have to.

However it is attempted. DC busses or having a few drives on DC bus is attempted at some ships. I know of a large ferry and some youghts but inverters do not play not nice with good old spinning copper and iron. Plagued with problems and breakdowns.
Inverters can do things generators cannot keep up with, not engine wise, not control wise and not due to reactances, complicated physiscs.
EEVblog Specific / Re: WFT TV
« Last post by Fungus on Today at 08:15:52 am »
How much does that thing weigh? Will granny be able to pick it up off the floor if it decides to deploy the safety system half way though a movie she was watching?

What if babies playing underneath it? Will it lower itself down and squash them?

Will SWMBO constantly be calling me to move it around the house for her?
Test Equipment / Re: Alternatives to HP 6652A Power Supply????.......
« Last post by Smokey on Today at 08:12:33 am »
I wonder how well something like this would hold up, comparably:
https://www.newark.com/multicomp-pro/mp710256-us/dc-power-supply-prog-30a-30v-300w/dp/42AH2836
Metrology / Re: Prema BK7 derived meter
« Last post by Kleinstein on Today at 08:07:41 am »
The copper part may add some thermal resistance that could be relevant in comparison to the size of the heat sink.
It may still be OK as the peltier element is likely used with relatively low power, well below it't nominal rated current / power.
One may want a temperature sensor also on the outer side of the peltier element to make sure not to run into a thermal runaway when the heat sink a blocked. In this case the regulation could run away to a state with high current, trying too cool and overheat the heatsink. The outside sensor would also improve the regulation speed, as variations in the hot side temperature are likely the main path to get thermal coupling from the outside. In minimal solution would be to limit the peltier current to a safe limit, that could be something like half the nominal current.
I think they would form a fleet of various boats from all over the place in american east coast to take it on anything they can
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next