Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Other Equipment & Products / Re: Dymo 550 Thermal Printer DRM Hacking
« Last post by oztek on Today at 05:55:14 am »
Hi Everyone,
We have a Dymo 550 Turbo we purchased as a replacement to a dead older Dymo.
It's used as a workshop label printer, as we have a large supply of generic 30252 address labels with removable adhesive, the dymo equivalent are permanent adhesive.

Initially we kept using our labels by ripping off the RFID sticker from a genuine roll until the count ran out.

I've tried very hard to get this bluepill solution to work and I'm not having any luck. I wondered if I had perhaps bought a counterfeit bluepill board so I bought some more from one of the amazon links posted on this forum to try again.

As we are only going to be using 1 label type, the RFID board is not attached.

I've used an ST-LINK V2 to flash on the pre-compiled freedmo-default-sku-30252.bin.
The process appeared to work successfully, I saw the memory contents change to match the file, and I've tested reconnecting and reading it to confirm it updated.

RFID board is removed from the printer and the bluepill plugged in it's place - printer is detected in windows, but when trying to print we still get an unknown label detected error.

Can anyone please help, or spot something I've done wrong? 

Thanks

Test Equipment / Re: Vevor SDS1104 for first oscilloscope?
« Last post by andrewtaylor on Today at 05:44:42 am »
well, if you need 4CH:  go for the Siglent SDS1104 -- best bang for the buck   :-DD
Yes, it's a good deal if you prefer a three channel supply. As i wrote above, we got two of those programmable OWON supplies for about that money. A nice programmable three channel supply seems to be the Siglent SPD3303C, currently on offer at ebay for about € 350 with USB and 440 with ethernet.

Regards, Dieter
Yes that is shown in the schemat, i wrongly rewritten it. But in the pcb everithing is as intended. Signal input on PA2, outputs for the motor PA3 and PA4
General Technical Chat / Re: Do you think an LED is a resistor?
« Last post by Berni on Today at 05:27:53 am »
They are not. The resistor is the industry standard term for a device that is designed to create the effect of resistance in a well defined manner. While electrical resistance is a physics phenomenon where something opposes the flow of current in a electrical circuit.

What is the point you are trying to make with this thread? That a diode has electrical resistance? Or that everything that exhibits electrical resistance should be called a resistor?

I am trying to uncover the roots of this cognitive dissonance. First you say that varistors are resistors that... And then you say no, they are not resistors, because resistors are only linear.

Go on that Vishay page that shows how to simulate nonlinear resistors (a term that up to a few messages ago you people thought I had invented, LOL) and simulated your resistor with an exponential characteristic. There you have your diode. It is a nonlinear resistor.

Yes a resistor that is designed to exhibit high nolinearity is called a varistor, this is to not confuse it with a regular resistor that is meant to have just a well defined resistance as the primary characteristic.

So this thread is indeed just about you not agreeing with how things are named.

I don't decide what the industry decides to call things. I just follow the already established naming conventions so that there is no confusion about what we are talking about to the majority of people in the field. The purpose of giving things names is to facilitate communication. Sure not all names for things are the best choice and sometimes they are obsolete historical reasons for the origin of a name, but it is what it is.

The laws of physics don't change if you change the name of a device. This thread shows that the vast majority of forum members agree upon what a resistor is and it also agrees with what Wikipedia defines as a resistor. So i am going to continue using that definition of a resistor as it clearly is the more prevalent industry standard.

Nothing really to gain from arguing about already established naming conventions.
So i am leaving this thread. See ya  :-+
Test Equipment / Re: Vevor SDS1104 for first oscilloscope?
« Last post by Aldo22 on Today at 05:27:31 am »
It looks exactly like the Owon SDS1104.
Max Record Length: 20K is a bit low these days.
Beginners / What component is this please?
« Last post by m.abdelwanis on Today at 05:22:44 am »
Hi, I have an old device in bad condition and I want to know what component this is. If it's an inductor, can you help me identify its type,value or link for an equivalent to order?
Thanks All
Beginners / Re: Looking for a SMD version of a JST VH 3.96
« Last post by Smokey on Today at 05:19:07 am »
I think this is the right pitch. 
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/gct/BH010-06-C-0850-0840-0573-G/12819978

You don't get the locking tab, but you could glue the thing in place and it would probably work.
The bq27220 fuel gauge will consume a considerable amount of the CR2032s capacity.
Without monitoring, the battery lasts about a year, with monitoring you need to replace it after nine months ;-)

Ya, but hopefully the 9 month replacement won't sneak up on you
Altran AEV250 Series:
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/altran-magnetics-llc/AEV250-M/9748544
https://mm.digikey.com/Volume0/opasdata/d220001/medias/docus/3717/AEV250_2.pdf

900V, 500A.

If you put big holes in your PCB, you can screw the studs right through the board, so I guess that's "PCB Mount".

The fun part about test equipment is, it's a one-off, we've collectively spent orders of magnitude more labor / project timeline discussing candidates, when a worst-case option is readily available for hardly an hour of shop time. :)

Tim

You could have just asked me from the beginning :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next