Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Well I guess it depends on what you're going to do with the information, and how much of the cell's capacity you're willing to expend in getting the information.
Programming / Re: Is ChatGPT any good at writing code?
« Last post by Smokey on Today at 09:37:22 pm »
Is ChatGPT any good at writing code?

No. It can write some basic code (like examples from some book) compiled from his database, but if you're needs to do something specific, you won't get working code from it.

ChatGPT has some fundamental problem which prevent it to solve some issue in his code. So, if first sample code compiled from his database is not enough for you, you can't get something else. It just will propose the same code for any your request to change or fix something in his code. From this point of view, it seems to be programmed to use the broken record technique.

In short, it often provide you with a wrong or mistaken code (which at a glance looks good, but when you analyze it you will found issue) and when you're asking to fix it, it just repeat that code again and again with keeping issue in the code. And there is no way to learn it to solve it.

While yes, it's better at basic tasks it's seen before, it can also synthesize those basic tasks together into something bigger.
I've had ChatGPT create basic python GUIs in tkinter based on a description of the layout and functionality I gave it as text in the prompt.  There was no way it had ever seen that exact layout and code before, but it got it working after a reasonable amount of bug fixes.

A buddy was telling me about a new LLM that writes code (sorry, forgot what he said it was exactly).  It actually runs the code in it's own sandbox and debugs it itself on the fly.  Pretty cool.
Metrology / Re: ADR1001 - Ovenized Voltage Reference System
« Last post by Kleinstein on Today at 09:34:54 pm »
The older high end zener references are in the 6.2 to 7.5 V and maybe 10 V range. This is OK for some uses, but needs extra effort to use with an ADC or DAC chip that wants 5 V at most.
With a 7 V ref and divider down to 5 V the divider can add quite some costs and drift. It is not a principle issue in designing a ref. circuit. The problem is more in getting suitable parts and valid specs for the long term drift part.

Chances are the long term drift depends on the set temperature for the chip. Another point is the mechincal design around the ADR1001.
Programming / Re: Linux Dependency Black Hole
« Last post by DimitriP on Today at 09:32:08 pm »
More and more developers use Docker for distribution of these products. This could be a solution for dependency problem.

Depending on docker to avoid depenency issues might be an issue depending on ...docker dependencies...
It finally works. Turned out to be a problem with the voltage regulator as it is rated only for 100mA max it couldn't deliver enough power for the drv reference and power the attiny. Not sure why it was causing this kind of problem, but after exchanging the old regulator (MCP1792T-3302H/CB) for a new one (AP2210N-3.3TRE1, rated for 300mA), I just seemed to have to laying around, everything works just fine. No overheating, no other problems. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.
Hi
Yeah but did your system pass IEC61000 RF immunity requirements ? and emissions ?
Your CMOS GPIO was probably doing an OK job at making square waves.

In this case the opamp was making triangles...... permitting the waveform to spend alot more time in the danger threshold band .

I used a 6 pin AVR, to do a translation in the led bar. They're fantastic !
I kept the existing driver (already in production.....) slowed the physical interface  down to 2 kbps biphase-mark with a CRC  , and drove the PDM '2812 from the AVR  with the PWM output which was nice and low overhead for the little cpu....while its doing the PWM for the current bit, you can load the next bit because it's double buffered. 

Metrology / Re: ADR1001 - Ovenized Voltage Reference System
« Last post by EC8010 on Today at 09:28:06 pm »
I've just back-ordered an ADR1001 evaluation board from Mouser UK and been given a 30 July despatch date...
Test Equipment / Re: CMU200
« Last post by snickers on Today at 09:25:45 pm »
Some experiments with built in FMR6 (i815 chipset) Ethernet adapter.
Success!
Is he using any HEPA filtration at all? Didn't see it.
I would be tempted to use an off the shelf hepa filter and not some sheet because they are pleated which will increase the surface area. But if you have a really large surface you can drape it across maybe it would be fine.

The cheapest source of activated carbon is usually the grow filters you can get on amazon ($30 for ~2kg). I would avoid the pelletized fish carbon (appears to be less surface area), but if you can get the granular stuff for a similar price I'm sure its fine.
Appreciate advises on a 'practically smallest' connector on custom made PCB. For connection to ST-Link debugger 10 pins.  Seem FPC is nice (flex printed circuit board as in Raspberry Pi camera) with a flip tab so FPC cable can be inserted with zero force and last for tens of insert/uninsert cycles.  What are the going-to pitch that is easily available, 1mm or 0.5mm or others?  Many thanks

One approach I've seen for tight boards, is to extend the debug / program header off-board into a break-off tongue, that is used for development and program, but that is broken off when the board goes into the final case.
Pogo pin pads can be provided, if you need subsequent physical contact firmware updates.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next