Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Build a nuclear reactor on the moon?

Well, let's see, Russia can't build a tank past WWII models that doesn't go "Pop Goes the Wiesel, er the Turret that is" when struck by almost anything larger than a 30 caliber (7.62mm¹ for you metric types) bullet. Actually their WWII models do that too.

And China has three aircraft carriers but no viable aircraft to use with them. Oh, and have you ever purchased anything from Ali Express? One month delivery and their electronic parts fall apart if soldered for a second time.

And those wonder houses of technology are going to build a nuclear reactor on the moon? I bet it will be a small one. And I wouldn't be surprised if it melts down after a year or two. If it takes even that long.

And it's not a lack of brain power. They have some excellent scientists and engineers. It's the political bosses who are so corrupt that everything gets stolen or "misdirected".

Note 1: I have to admire the European nations which have changed their military rifles to a metric caliber. Lets see, 30 caliper = 0.300 INCHES = 25.4 mm/inch X 0.300" = 7.62mm. Viola, it's metric! That's it, a mathematically exact conversion. No decimal places past the "2", just zeros to infinity. Boy was that ever so,so smart of them. No more old-fashioned units of measure there.
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS3000X HD and upgraded SDS1000X HD
« Last post by Martin72 on Today at 05:23:56 am »
Hi,
The latter.
If you only have one of them in the house and it's gone, you'll probably notice it sooner. ;)

Beginners / Re: SOURCE CODE of BSIDE01 : WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD IT ?
« Last post by pcprogrammer on Today at 05:19:23 am »
I don't think you can find it unless it has been reverse engineered.

Another bit of advice, ask a moderator to change your user name. Having it be your email address is not a very good idea. You can click the "Report to moderator" link in the lower right corner of your post.
Manufacturing & Assembly / Ribbon Laser Bonding on PCB
« Last post by Kneidl on Today at 05:18:56 am »
Hi, I am working on a project where we need multiple ribbon bonds attached to a PCB using laser welding.
The downside of the technology is that according to the machine manufacturer, the copper-tickness on the PCB-side must be at least 400µm.
As I would like to avoid any special PCB manufacturing process like copper-inlays, my idea was to just solder some tiny pieces/plates of copper or nickel on the top side and then the laser can weld to them.
But I cannot find something like a reeled 5x5mm (max. 15x7mm) copper plate on digikey, or at least I don't know in which part category I have to look for.
The closest thing I found to what I need are some shunt resistors (digikey: BVE-Z-R0001-1.0) , but the low resistive ones are too big or have a non flat surface and are in general kind of expensive.
Can someone tell me to what I should look for or maybe has a better idea to a rather cheap and mass manufacturable solution?
Thanks
Buy/Sell/Wanted / Re: Fluke 9100 Display....
« Last post by H.O on Today at 05:06:11 am »
ohhhhhh  ok   wrong 9100   loll
Yeah, not at all confusing....
So the FLUKE 9100 is a multi function calibrator, the 9100A is microprocessor test system and the 9100S i dry-well "oven".
Did they run out of modelnumbers or what :-)
I would like to see if i can add him a function generator.
this sounds like the plot of 'star wreck'
I design 'em and build 'em and they REALLY work!  :-DMM
UPDATED eBay Links:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/285827428604
https://www.ebay.com/itm/285827427931
https://www.ebay.com/itm/285827426636
Also, Added a Brand New Fluke 87V DMM:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/285823885283
Thanx for looking!  :)

Updated all eBay links and added a brand new Fluke 87V DMM (2 extras) For Sale.
Astables are nasty because they really need at least one proper push pull emitter follower stage, ideally two for full symmetry. Just buffer the right-hand transistor's output with a complementary follower and use that to drive the capacitor going to the left transistor's base. You get square wave on the output.
I browsed through some of these obsolete parts. For some, Vicor did issue a PCN Obsolescence/ EOL notice, mostly in January 2021 or January 2023.

But for many like this one, there is a document from Digikey stating that they were not given any notice by Vicor either. I've never seen such a thing before, definitely a very bad sign for Vicor and their customers.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next