Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Manufacturing & Assembly / Re: Ribbon Laser Bonding on PCB
« Last post by tooki on Today at 08:30:31 pm »
Somehow it seems silly to me to solder on targets for welding. Couldn’t you just solder the ribbons on at that point? (Selective laser soldering is a thing, too!)
Repair / Re: Rigol DP712 Output Shorted; Fuse? / I Screwed Up
« Last post by Harry_22 on Today at 08:29:04 pm »
Nothing special. Usual termal compound. Yes heatsink has a connection with thyristor anode.
Could you make a photo from othe side to see the rest TO-220 devices.

You can ask as many question as required until you fix the bug.

PS
Meanwhile I found the disclaimer notes from Rigol:
General Technical Chat / Re: Is LinkedIn worth keeping?
« Last post by tom66 on Today at 08:28:57 pm »
I initially thought of it as a Facebook for work related stuff. So you could make use of the contacts you have at work and not have them see the crazy stuff you get up to at the weekend.

I avoid it mostly as it wants to be a job advertising website and is infested with agencies trying to sell me a job that I left years ago.
Some of the headhunters are completely useless. I had one that cold called me on my work phone to try to poach me. I was sitting 1.5m from my boss.

I've had a headhunter call me at my workplace too, company phone! - which I thought was pretty dumb.

I can beat that.  I've had one email me on my work email about a new job offer. Come on, man... How stupid can you be...
Beginners / Re: Why are thermal jumpers so expensive?
« Last post by jpanhalt on Today at 08:27:10 pm »
Is $0.39 in small quantities "so expensive."  Why settle for second rate?  BN sheets can easily have double the W/mK.  Make your own.  Get a life. 
« Last post by tooki on Today at 08:25:14 pm »
You don't "crack the case" but open it carefully and repair the device like a service engineer.
”Cracking the case” (or “cracking open…”) is completely normal English colloquial usage for “opening the case”. It doesn’t imply that care is not taken.

Not that I think you should be trying to lecture people about language usage, when in your own first reply you said this, which is not correct English, neither formal nor colloquial, and in fact led to confusion:
Just open the cover find powerful diode near output and put it out.
(FYI, to “put out” has several meanings in English, but none of them is “replace” or “remove”, or anything else that would apply here.) It’s fine to make language mistakes, we all do, but then don’t admonish others for what in fact aren’t even mistakes!
« Last post by tooki on Today at 08:19:59 pm »
One last question: is there anything special about the compound between the TO-220 package and the heatsink, or is it normal thermal paste? I have verified that the heatsink and package case are electrically connected in the factory state, so I shouldn't need anything insulating.
Just normal thermal paste. Assemble the replacement however the original was.
Beginners / Re: Bulk input caps and impedance
« Last post by xvr on Today at 08:17:35 pm »
Yes, 36V could give a spark. If OP needs a hot plug some circuit could be required
Test Equipment / Re: TinySA Ultra launched
« Last post by DaneLaw on Today at 08:17:09 pm »
I wonder if this is something they care about or not since it's not the primary function of the device. Cleaner would be nicer though.

Sure, the TinySA & SA4 creator Erik Kaashoeck are very willing to fix bugs.
He often push out new firmware with new features & abilities, and it will from time to time, create issues in the back-catalog that then need to be addressed.
Been very impressed of the support these TinySA models are getting.

Bug fixes etc. forum TinySA & SA4 forum https://groups.io/g/tinysa/messages

The only thing that won't get support for obvious reasons, are issues from clones, and in units that ain't produced by Hugen.
The original TinySA-market was flooded with clones with inferior components, the TinySA Ultra has been in the clear for those issues over the last few years, but it has changed here in 2024, where it seems that numerous TinySA Ultra clones are getting to market, so it goes without saying, use official sale-channels if you in the market for one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next