Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Programming / Re: Linux Dependency Black Hole
« Last post by macboy on Today at 03:48:59 pm »
I am not a Linux dependency expert, but I have learned a few things over the years. First: use a good distro. The various libraries included in a distro release are tested to work together. So if something needs XYZlib, then when you install XYZlib using the distro's tools (apt, etc.), it will not break the system. Unfortunately, this version of XYZlib is probably more than a year old - maybe a few years - and might not satisfy the requirements of the tool you are trying to install or build.

You can try a chroot or one of the many variations of this. This allows you to install an complete alternate root filesystem, which still runs on the present kernel, but is isolated from the system's main root filesystem. You could install the same system (but different packages/libraries), or a different release of the O/S (Debian 10, on a system running Debian 12), or a different distro (Arch Linux on Debian system), or even a different architecture (Debian for armhf on a Debian x64 system), in combination with qemu. The point of doing this, is that you can install a minimal O/S, then install only the dependencies for the application in question, then try to resolve the dependency issues. Since the number of installed packages is much smaller, the dependencies to resolve will be fewer, hopefully. This also avoids breaking the main system by installing some different version of something outside of the distro package system.

Alternately, you can try building the application with static linkage, so that it does not depend on installed shared libraries at all. Instead, all of the shared library code will be built into the executables. The dependencies are installed only for compilation (e.g. XYZlib-dev). You may/will choose to do this inside a chroot as well, to isolate the installation of the many build tools, dev libraries, etc. from the main Linux system. After the app is built, installed, and tested, you could delete (or archive) the chroot to save space.  The static-linked binaries will be bigger, sometimes much bigger, but as a bonus they usually run faster as well.
How did you check that your SPI communication works? Can you read back a known chip id or configuration register?
Today i spent two hours to find a design error concerning the enable signal of a TI DAC8554. That one doesn't support any read operation..

Regards, Dieter
General Technical Chat / Re: Post a picture of a cat!
« Last post by nctnico on Today at 03:45:01 pm »
One of several wild cats in a park in Taipei. I had to take the picture from a distance because they are easely scared. I had a short chat with the lady feeding these cats (she had noticed me taking a picture  ;D ). According to her there is one cat in the park who allows it to be petted / played with (and she showed me a video).

Test Equipment / Re: New 2ch pocket DSO+SG - Zeeweii DSO2512G
« Last post by Aldo22 on Today at 03:44:57 pm »
I don't know what the accuracy of this scope is, but doubt it will be less then 3%. All these cheap Chinese scopes use cheap components and have somewhat crappy designs.

Newer firmware can be calibrated manually.
I once took a few measurements here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-2ch-pocket-dsosg-sigpeak-dso2512g/msg5087293/#msg5087293
I think that's quite all right. It's a scope and a cheap one at that.
RF, Microwave, Ham Radio / High bandwidth FM signal generation
« Last post by enemra on Today at 03:43:25 pm »
I am working on 5G projects. As part of a big project, my requirement is as follows.

1. Generate FM signal with 300-400MHz bandwidth between 500MHz and 6GHz carrier frequency.
2. Generate random noise with the same bandwidth at the same center frequency.

I have come across the following.

1. Using Software Defined Radios (SDR) - SDRs do not provide large bandwidths as per my requirement
2. Using Analog Front End ICs, such as AFE7900 from Texas. This looks expensive solution and tedious

Any other solutions to think of?

Regards
enemra
Nitpick:

On page 4 in the Introduction paragraph. It says:
Ruideng has done a good job of documenting their power supplies and postscript files can be
found at this url (note: http rather than https)

That URL has PDF files, not postscript. As I said, it's a nitpick, but there is a difference. I expect most people will be more familiar with PDF.
Repair / Re: hp 54600B privilege violation : OH
« Last post by Bartolome on Today at 03:41:03 pm »
Solution HP 54600B privilege violation: OH
I can finally say that my HP54600 has come back to life. Thanks to all the users and especially to Drhex, without your selfless help I would not have successfully completed this repair.
Although at first I thought that the eprom was bad, only when Drhex provided me with a new one recorded by him, I was able to verify that the problem was in the NVRAM, MK48Z18B-10 purchased on Aliexpress. It was enough to put in a new NVRAM from old stock and the oscilloscope is working and calibrated again.
EV bus manufacturer ProTerra goes insolvent, municipalities have $100's million worth of buses that never made their claims for range or reliability in the first place- costing 2x that of a diesel bus, orphaned. The company closes down, all warranty obligations and performance grievances wiped and then it gets bought on the cheap by Phoenix Motor.

They paid peanuts because they did take over the warranties and a couple 100 employees. Of course if Volvo stops making the drive train they and the customers are still screwed.
Repair / Re: SMPS over voltage?
« Last post by m k on Today at 03:35:16 pm »
So feedback is leaving behind.

Internal 15V must be enough and remain like that.
U102A pin 3 is feedback voltage.
U101 pin 7 is feedback current.
Microcontrollers / Re: CH32V003 Slow Startup Time
« Last post by jlsilicon on Today at 03:30:36 pm »
Can you post the code for this ?
- It would be helpful for Debugging & Analysis.
I would like to see the I2C code used here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next