Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
PCB/EDA/CAD / Re: JLCPCB alters soldermask without any notice
« Last post by JLCPCB Official on Today at 02:06:14 am »

Thank you for your feedback! I’ll forward this to our support team. If necessary, feel free to provide your order number, and I’ll look into it with our engineers.
General Technical Chat / Re: new propellantless drive company
« Last post by Alex Eisenhut on Today at 02:05:28 am »
Buttered toast strapped to a cat?
Hi,
I am working on a wireless charger that is also a wireless receiver(https://www.reddit.com/r/hwstartups/comments/1cbdw74/comment/l0ykgl9/), but I am not sure what FCC testing that I need to do to sell in the US. What where should I be looking? Should I contract it out? Can one of point me in the right direction? Also any feedback on the project is much appreciated!
It's long, but still a big piece of computer gaming history...

Looks like they are selling quite a few other PSUs as well.
Any thoughts on this one? https://au.element14.com/gw-instek/gps-3303/power-supply-3-o-p-3a-30v-fix/dp/274852202
Seems like a very good deal.
General Technical Chat / Re: Do you think an LED is a resistor?
« Last post by bdunham7 on Today at 01:56:14 am »
In order to be able to use nonlinear resistors effectively in a practical design, it is necessary to understand some basic properties.We will illustrate these properties by considering a prototypical example of a nonlinear resistor, the pn-junction diode (henceforth referred to as diode). Although we model diodes as nonlinear resistors, they are so important in circuit theory that they have their own symbol[...]

Um, yeah....I think they're right about that....hey, I think we have these things called linear resistors, also known as 'ohmic', and don't they have their own symbol and all that?  We call them, um, er, it's at the tip of my tongue....
PCB/EDA/CAD / Re: Looking for CADSTAR pcb Uplaod Program
« Last post by hello188 on Today at 01:53:17 am »
Thank you for kind reply.

One of the things that I need to do is extract component placement coordinate from the old .cdo file.

I guess I can generate gerber file.

Do you have any good way i can extract component coordinate from gerber?

Thanks
« Last post by Sredni on Today at 01:50:01 am »
Notice that they didn't write this:

A non-linear resistor is connected into the feedback circuit. In practice, this can be a resistor, but a resistor connected as a resistor is used since the forward biased transfer function is more accurately exponential. The exponential nature of the forward biased resistor leads to a logarithmic decrease in gain of the circuit as the input signal is increased.

:-DD

I don't know. Maybe they are used to specific names, like calling their wifes Helen and Kate, and not just "woman".
They are in good company, tho. For example Bharathwaj Muthuswamy and Santo Banerjee, in their "Introduction to Nonlinear Circuits and Networks", Springer (2019) say:

In order to be able to use nonlinear resistors effectively in a practical design, it is necessary to understand some basic properties.We will illustrate these properties by considering a prototypical example of a nonlinear resistor, the pn-junction diode (henceforth referred to as diode). Although we model diodes as nonlinear resistors, they are so important in circuit theory that they have their own symbol[...]

But, hey, what could they possibly know about circuits and nonlinear elements? They only wrote a book about them.
How many books have you written for Springer?
« Last post by Someone on Today at 01:46:01 am »
Oh new words and definitions to play with. How about we take the IEEE dictionary as the authoritative reference:

static resistance (semiconductor rectifier device) (forward or reverse) The quotient of the voltage by the current at a stated point on the static characteristic curve.

Yes, this is the only one I have used. Did you not realize it?

small-signal resistance The resistive part of the quotient of incremental voltage by incremental current under stated operating conditions.

small-signal A signal which when doubled in magnitude does not produce a change in the parameter being measured that is greater than the required accuracy of the measurement.

As I said in my opening statement, you're just playing with small signal analysis a well known and entirely un-novel method. There is nothing interesting here as most anything can be described as a small signal resistor (with bounds on some other dimension). So you're still wrong and trying to twist definitions to your liking while ignoring the consensus and the established science.

No, I have not used small signal analysis. Where did you study small signal analysis? You are mistaken. Please seek tutoring from someone you trust to straighten this out.
You live in a continuous world with no quantisation or noise? Perhaps in your world there is some difference between those. For those of us in the world I inhabit they are the same thing, an exact derivative of infinitely narrow width does not exist physically or in spice (which you chose to introduce). Both static resistance and small-signal analysis are a delta V on delta I.
Repair / Keysight U127A faulty MegaOhms mode
« Last post by KamKong on Today at 01:32:55 am »
Hey guys,
Long time lurker 1st time poster.

I recently purchased an Agilent U1272A (pcb Rev 005) from ebay. I didn't carefully read the add, the seller didn't offer returns of the unit and I was away for work when the unit was delivered.
When I started testing I realized there is only 1 (so far) issue with the meter. In Ohms mode it won't read anything on the Megaohms range and it won't auto-range out of the Megaohms range.
At first i thought the ohms mode was faulty but it seems to just be the Megaohms range.
When the meter powers on and I short the probes together the meter displays Overload, but if I manually range the meter to any range besides Megaohms it will correctly displays 0 ohms (or the correct resistance value).

I dissembled the meter and found residue from battery leakage, i cleaned the board with vinegar, isopropyl alcohol.. nothing doing. (attached picture is of battery leakage residue)

The meter works in continuity and smart ohms mode.
I checked the spec sheet and measured the test current for each range of ohms mode and everything seems ok (the current for the Megaohms range is 93 nA, my other meter is a Keysight U1242C and doesn't read that low but it seems to pick up something...).

I traced the signal path on the board and if I short some test points (bypassing the input jacks) I can get the display to flicker to 0hms but it doesn't stay there and doesn't seem to be conclusive.

I don't know if anyone has seen/had a similar issue? Thanks in advance.

I also messed up a solder job on the meter and need to replace C35, I read around and it seems to be a ~10pF, 3 kV, 1808 case size can someone confirm?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next