Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
The fact that the headphone output is OK must be a clue. Can you trace that part of the circuit and see whether the signal to it passes through the parts you've replaced?
Repair / Re: Repair of a Tektronix 485
« Last post by anachrocomputer on Today at 10:33:13 AM »
The behaviour of the spot when switching out of X/Y mode sounds very much like a power supply problem. Check all the voltages, including the "hidden " +13V one that tggzzz mentioned, and let us know. I suspect that a tantalum capacitor has gone short and taken out a supply rail.
Test Equipment / Re: Rigol DS1054Z vs Siglent SDS1202X-E
« Last post by nctnico on Today at 10:32:40 AM »
So is there any reason whatsoever to prefer the Siglent SDS1104X-E over the portable and more convenient Micsig TO1104?
Unless you must have the small form factor portability the Micsig is out spec'ed by a SDS1104X-E and it's also cheaper. The Siglent does have a smaller display but a greater feature set.
I wouldn't call it out specced. The TO1104 has different features like touch screen, battery power, ability to record videos of signals, input filtering and it can decode 2 different protocols at the same time. Last but not least the TO1104 doesn't have any (known) bugs.
The signal noise is low since all the scopes in this price class use the same analog frontend / ADC chips.
Test Equipment / Re: Rigol DS1054Z vs Siglent SDS1202X-E
« Last post by tautech on Today at 10:29:56 AM »
So is there any reason whatsoever to prefer the Siglent SDS1104X-E over the portable and more convenient Micsig TO1104?
Unless you must have the small form factor portability the Micsig is out spec'ed by a SDS1104X-E and it's also cheaper. The Siglent does have a smaller display but a greater feature set.
What would you say are the most important feature advantages of SDS1104X-E over T01104?
For me, it’s pretty simple, knobs!
:)

2x 1GSa/s ADC's
2x 14 M memory modules (one for each ADC)
Lower front end noise, see here: http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/owon-xds3062a-input-noise-(good)-and-glitches-(bad)/msg1433850/#msg1433850
Search facilities
Bode plot
FFT
16ch LA
Fast UI.

But keep doing your homework to get the full picture.
Threads:
http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds1204x-e-released-for-domestic-markets-in-china/
http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds1104x-e-in-depth-review/

Buy/Sell/Wanted / Re: SOLD (EU): Keysight DSO6104L 1GHz LXI scope (used)
« Last post by zucca on Today at 10:29:35 AM »
Not unless you modify the probe's power supply
(it wants 4V if I recall correctly and the 6000-series has the new interface that can only provide 5V)

Another line in my todo list:

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/agilent-1152a-active-probe-%27smartprobe%27-conversion-for-dsox3000-series-scopes/
to be honest, I never have seen SOT-45 case.
Can you please give us the part number of this component.

As a general rule of thumb, the TVM802 can please components in 0603 size quite well.
Its not ideal for smaller components, in which case you will need to correct it under the microscope before soldering.
Beginners / Re: Beginners, don't run away, please!
« Last post by DimitriP on Today at 10:25:35 AM »
The thread has devolved into a pissing contest over the use of a couple of words

Your surprize, surprizes me :)
Not everyone can ( or wants or even -if I may say that- should - )  hold hands and sing songs by the campfire.

Beginners / Re: Beginners, don't run away, please!
« Last post by rsjsouza on Today at 10:24:24 AM »
I agree with Lightages' OP, profanity and all, which brings the exact amount of repulsion when I see such beginners threads unfold this way (sometimes even with 100% opinion-based threads).

After all, the chest thumpers that believe are right and never let go in their attempt to convince others how wrong they are in their opinion or inexperience is absolutely ludicrous in my opinion.

You keep doing you, Lightages!
Ref material guard rings -

http://www.ti.com/lit/an/snoa664/snoa664.pdf

And attached.

Regards, Dana.
Repair / Re: Matching ultrasonic transducer
« Last post by Armadillo on Today at 10:18:41 AM »
The ultrasonic frequency is designed at 100KHz;

You can tap the feedback signal from terminal 4 [Blue Wire] of the transducer mounted below the reversible motor and adjust trimpot R5 on the circuit board until somewhere around 100KHz, while your tong meter placed on the line of the driver board read maximum peak current [around ~4A peak, my guesstimation].

I do not recommend adjust R5 by visual and feel approximation  ;)  :o .

If not happening, then there could be some circuit problems.

I suggest you first do what you wanted initially. Change capacitors. That's what you can do without a oscilloscope. ;D
There are 2 electrolytics which I think you like to change C3 and C4.

OK, hope it helps. We wait for your photos and updates.   :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next