Recent Posts

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next
I'm wondering if it's worth the effort of sending it back, or probably I'll just buy a battery and put it in myself. Does it matter if I install an ICR or IMR 18650? Are they interchangeable? Which should I be using in this?
What do you need to buy a battery for now? You can check if the device works by simply connecting an external 4.0V voltage to it, e.g. from a power supply unit.
If the device works in all modes, simply negotiate with the seller for compensation for the missing battery. If the device is not working, you should return it to the seller.
Test Equipment / Re: Alternatives to HP 6652A Power Supply????.......
« Last post by nctnico on Today at 09:47:06 am »
I'd look at the power supplies from Gophert or Rek.
Avoid anything from the Multicomp brand. You can buy the same piece of equipment from Aliexpress for much less.
General Technical Chat / Re: Aliexpress dodgy GST tax
« Last post by brucehoult on Today at 09:47:05 am »
On a side note global sales tax sounds more honest than value added tax. The tax does not add real value to an item,

That is not what it means.

VAT means a tax on the value an entity adds to goods.  E.g. if you pay $10 for some parts, pay someone $2 to assemble them into some novel thing, and sell it for $20 then you have added $8 of value and you'll be taxed on $8.

That may have been the initial idea behind it and sounds better than how it seems to be used.

But as you yourself describe later, you pay VAT on the difference between your inputs and your outputs. And get a refund if your outputs are worth less than your costs.

Because when I look at a bill from something I buy, I see the price without tax and the percentage of tax, which varies from 0 to 20%, at least over here in France, and the total I have to pay. In NL the max is 21% for as far as I'm up to date.

And that's pretty stupid and adds huge costs, both to dealing with different rates on different things, but also paying people to decide which rate is for which thing. e.g. basic food such as cookies is 0%, but luxury food such as chocolate is 20%. So which is biscuits coated with a layer of chocolate? Does it depend on the thickness of the layer? etc etc, on a million different goods.

Here in New Zealand everything is 15%, no variations, no exceptions. If poor people can't afford basic food, given them money directly, don't muck about with the tax rate on the food.

Some foods are taxed at lower rates, and I recently found that for anything concerning renewable energy is taxed at 5.5%

I recall somewhere in the USA there being different tax rates on a coffee drunk in the shop, and a take-out coffee from the same shop. As I recall, take-out had the higher rate. I could say I'd drink the coffee in the shop, and then actually walk out with it and THEY COULDN'T STOP ME BWAHAHAHA
General Technical Chat / Re: Aliexpress dodgy GST tax
« Last post by pcprogrammer on Today at 09:46:32 am »
In the EU, they will just slap a ~20 EUR import tax + VAT administration fee to your item. And then VAT to the administration fee. So your 1 EUR item would be ~26 once it gets here.

Only when the shop you are buying from does not handle the VAT themselves. Then the postperson will knock on your door and collect the VAT + administration fee from you.

Aliexpress handles the VAT for you, so no problem there. But that said, the shipping cost are increasing making it less and less interesting to buy stuff from them.
They are both compatible, but I would use ICR. IMR is for high drain applications, it would be overkill for a scope.
My ZT-703S arrived today, purchased from AliExpress. I was surprised it wouldn't turn on since the batteries are usually delivered with 50% charge. I opened it up and found that I have no battery inside!!!

I'm wondering if it's worth the effort of sending it back, or probably I'll just buy a battery and put it in myself. Does it matter if I install an ICR or IMR 18650? Are they interchangeable? Which should I be using in this?
Metrology / Re: LM399 based 10 V reference
« Last post by argintviu on Today at 09:35:12 am »
@Birb, you could try to ovenize just the resistors and simply thermally isolate the 399 (top and underside). Kind of how branadic did with the QH40 crystal heater on top of the gain resistors here.

Regarding buffers, can they both use the reference voltage after the main RC filter or I should have 2 filters, one for each opamp?
Find the PCB attached. Note that there is no ground plane. Don't know if it's better to put one.
Test Equipment / Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Last post by tokar on Today at 09:30:59 am »
Works.
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS2000X Plus
« Last post by tautech on Today at 09:27:29 am »
OK the scope can decode some stuff, so it's working at least.

As far as I can see, if CH3 is the clock, nothing changes on it's rising edges.
Try setting the trigger to Ch3 and add 100us of Holdoff.

This should give stable triggering and no need to Stop the scope.
Then you can set a much slower timebase, Stop the scope and H Pos (pan) through the packets.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next