Recent Posts

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Programming / Re: Linux Dependency Black Hole
« Last post by DavidAlfa on Today at 09:09:03 pm »
Ahh linux. Yep. FOSS heaven (Fu**ed Open Source Software).
Last day I removed OpenOCD to manually install a newer one. Got asked to remove no longer necessary packages. Sure!

It completely uninstalled my desktop, leaving me dead in the shell.
Sadly (Or luckily) this already happened few years back, so I quickly checked if gnome had been eradicated and got it back within 10 minutes.

Sorry I can't answer your questions. So many "whys" on my head too. So freaking no sense in so many ways.
Basics - nice. Anything else - pain and time wasting.
Maybe some people love browsing forums for 2 hours everytime they need to fix or make something, I don't.
I guess that's a golden-egg-laying chicken in IT, it's a maintenance hell, hours and hours, $$$.
Hi all,

I’m in the process of making my own fume extractor.

I’ve been following the link at the bottom of this post.

I have now got everything except the actual filter medium as I’m not sure the way he’s doing it is the best way?

Basically it’s a deep plastic box with an in line mixed-flow fan, the exit going through the side of the box.  And a smaller box that sits inside with the filter medium in.

It’s just the design of this smaller box that I want advice on, the fan etc is already here, waiting to be installed. 

I’ve hopefully set the link to 19:36 where he shows how he does the filter.

He  uses two 30mm thick cooker hood filters on a cardboard gasket and covers the entire box with white wadding type stuff.

I was thinking that instead of cooker hood filters with cardboard gasket etc, permanently installing something like a couple of 200mm (8”) flanges (or smaller, maybe 150mm/6”) , like in the below pic,  but ones that allow me to put in metal mesh at the bottom of the flange.

Then I could simply fill with loose activated carbon and cover with hepa filter sheet?

I’d imagine in the long run this would work out a lot cheaper as those 30mm thick filters in the YouTube vid  are around £10 each + delivery and activated carbon for aquariums can be bought fairly cheaply?

(I will also make sure a hot knife is used to cut everything so the brittle plastic doesn’t shatter/break).

Anyone think my way is worse than his or can anyone think of a better way altogether?  Again I’m doing it roughly how he’s done it and already have everything except the filter medium.

Many thanks

YouTube clip below

https://youtu.be/JdrFsuAcm48?si=E_gZAbo8zq3uGZqv&t=19m36s
Nothing magic about OBD.  It's just CANBus. 

Or KWP2000 fast.
Or KWP2000 slow.
Or ISO9141-2 (K-line, older stuff).
Or SAE J1850 VPW.
Or SAE J1850 PWM .

OBD2 is not "just CANBus".

Sure.  Should have been more specific.  The ISO 15765 Canbus port on Pins 6 and 14 is just Canbus. 
"...as of 2008 all vehicles sold in the US are required to implement CAN as one of their signaling protocols."
RF, Microwave, Ham Radio / Re: WSJT-X on Pi
« Last post by metrologist on Today at 09:06:09 pm »
Thanks!

The frustration weed is sprouting. The new card was booting and going through the setup/upgrade stuff, and then would not boot at all, hung at the Welcome screen with mounting... text below.
Test Equipment / Re: SDS800X HD Bug Reports + Firmware
« Last post by ebastler on Today at 09:04:31 pm »
Another issue: i am pretty sure i could use the b-word:
The setting of the trigger type edge influences the qualified trigger. In the first part of the video the trigger is not exactly stable, only if the slope of edge trigger is changed, the qualified triggers works without issues.

That is a strange one... Did you check the details of the qualified trigger settings before and after the edge trigger change? I.e. did anything get changed in the displayed settings for the qualified trigger, as a side effect of the change you made to the edge trigger?
Hi,

I have a QPX600D with the same problem of message "Incorrect Configuration". I find on the web the shematic diagram of this power supply : https://everist.org/NobLog/pics/20151112/sch_ps/HP_54120B_power_supply.htm

The fuse 15AT was broken and I changed two diode in short circuit (US1J 600V 1A) ref D36 D37. The power supply is on now without problem with the Fuse, but i have this message of "Incorrect configuration".
I don't know how to solve this problem. I checked the documentation without success...
Is just measuring the cell voltage out of the question?  From the curves, it looks like a 2.8V reading tells you it's almost out of juice.

I would imagine at such low currents you are essentially measuring no-load voltage which doesn't tell you much about remaining capacity. 
A dead license dongle can usually be replaced for a small fee once you return the dead one.
But a lost dongle often results in having to fork out the full cost of a new license (or use insurance).

Mainly because if that was not the case, you could give it to a friend, say you lost it and get a cheap replacement and your friend could use the software for free as long as they stay offline so the lost dongle S/N never gets deactivate in an update.

I'm in a bit of a doubt about this. Because if you have a dongle, that allows you to use a software that you are not licensed, you are still breaking the license agreement. So I don't think it would fly with any serious court that you have to buy a new license. Plus software like Orcad needed a license file and a dongle, and it was computer tied, and PITA to get working, with calls to the support department. I guess they will of course try to sell you a new license, but I don't think it's legally acceptable.

In court  maybe you'd be right, since the dongle has no real function. But doesn't stop companies from having the policies:
https://softron.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207695807-Policy-for-Lost-or-Stolen-dongles-Are-dongles-guaranteed
https://www.ecadstar.com/en/lost-license-files-dongles/ (they'll replace it for free IF you are paying maintenance, if not cough up the full price)
https://www.laserscanningforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17205

Just gives off the vibe of a unfriendly company, if using a dongle in 2024 wasn't bad enough already.

Surprisingly Altium would re-instate old licenses completely for free, even if you don't have maintenance.
First of all, reduce the number of pins. In addition to the SWD+GND you may need VCC for powering the debugger buffers, and may be reset. So, at most you need 5 pins.

And then the smallest connector is just 0.05" though hole header. It can be populated with an actual connector or wires soldered to a more useful connector. It can also be used as test points for mass production.

For the same small number of contacts, FPC connectors end up being bigger, since they need mechanical pads as well.
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDL1000X/SDL1000X-E Electronic Load
« Last post by tautech on Today at 09:00:00 pm »
Excellent.  :-+
I'll report the logging time bug right this instant.

Reported.....
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Next